Meaning: a person who lives somewhere
Singular and Plural of Resident
Resident as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The new resident greeted the neighbors with a smile.
- The resident complained about the noise from the construction site.
- The building has a dedicated manager to address resident concerns.
- The medical clinic offers discounts for local residents.
- The resident of the apartment upstairs is a talented pianist.
- The city council implemented policies to benefit its residents.
- The senior resident guided the interns through their rotations.
- The community center hosts events for its residents.
- The college dormitory provides support services for its residents.
- The young resident volunteered at the local animal shelter.
Resident as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The apartment complex has many long-term residents.
- The retirement community accommodates elderly residents.
- The housing development can accommodate up to 500 residents.
- The city offers various resources for its senior residents.
- The neighborhood association organized a meeting for its residents.
- The hospital trains new residents each year.
- The local government prioritizes the safety of its residents.
- The apartment building has security measures to protect its residents.
- The community center hosts activities for its young residents.
- The town’s population has grown, and new residents are moving in.
Singular Possessive of Resident
The singular possessive form of “Resident” is “Resident’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Resident:
- The resident’s car is parked in the driveway.
- Please respect the resident’s privacy during the renovation.
- The letter was addressed to the resident’s office.
- The landlord fixed the resident’s broken faucet.
- We admired the beautiful garden in the resident’s backyard.
- The noise complaint was filed by a concerned resident.
- The security guard checked the resident’s identification.
- The building’s rules restrict the resident’s pet ownership.
- The resident’s keycard grants access to the gym.
- The management addressed the resident’s concerns promptly.
Plural Possessive of Resident
The plural possessive form of “Resident” is “Residents'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Resident:
- The residents’ vehicles were parked in assigned spots.
- The committee listened to the residents’ suggestions.
- The board meeting addressed the residents’ complaints.
- The neighborhood watch program ensures the residents’ safety.
- The event was organized by the residents’ association.
- The newsletter featured the residents’ achievements and milestones.
- The renovation project aimed to improve the residents’ living conditions.
- The new policy had an impact on the residents’ daily routines.
- The survey collected feedback from the residents’ perspective.
- The community center hosted a party for the residents’ children.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 11:27 am