Meaning: a rodent that resembles a large mouse
Singular and Plural of Rat
Rat as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- A rat scurried across the kitchen floor.
- The lab conducted experiments on a white laboratory rat.
- She shrieked when she saw a rat in the attic.
- The pet store sold a cute pet rat.
- The exterminator set traps to catch the pesky rat.
- The sewer system was infested with rats.
- The zoo had a display of different rats.
- The scientist studied the behavior of the rat.
Rat as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- Rats are known for their ability to adapt.
- The lab used different strains of laboratory rats for research.
- She screamed when she saw multiple rats in the attic.
- The pet store had a variety of pet rats for sale.
- The exterminator caught several pesky rats in the traps.
- The city had a problem with a large population of sewer rats.
- The zoo showcased various species of rats.
- The scientists conducted experiments on groups of rats.
Singular Possessive of Rat
The singular possessive form of “Rat” is “Rat’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Rat:
- The rat’s tail twitched nervously.
- I saw the rat’s footprints in the kitchen.
- The cheese was stolen from the rat’s nest.
- She screamed when she saw the rat’s glowing eyes.
- The smell emanated from the rat’s hiding spot.
- The cat pounced on the rat’s hiding place.
- I found the rat’s droppings behind the fridge.
- The farmer set traps to catch the rat’s.
- The scientist studied the rat’s behavior in the maze.
- The exterminator used poison to eliminate the rat’s.
Plural Possessive of Rat
The plural possessive form of “Rat” is “Rats'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Rat:
- The rats’ squeaking kept me up all night.
- The farmer’s barn was infested with rats’ nests.
- I saw the rats’ footprints leading to the garbage bin.
- The cheese was stolen from the rats’ stash.
- The rats’ tails intertwined as they scurried away.
- The cat chased the group of rats’ through the fields.
- I found the rats’ droppings in the attic.
- The exterminator set up traps to catch the rats’.
- The scientist observed the rats’ social hierarchy.
- The town faced an epidemic of the rats’ population.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 07:28 am