Meaning: inescapable agent of someone’s downfall
Singular and Plural of Nemesis
Nemesis as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- My nemesis always seems to be one step ahead.
- The detective finally caught his elusive nemesis.
- John’s nemesis in the competition was his own brother.
- The CEO saw the new startup as a potential nemesis.
- Sarah’s academic nemesis won the scholarship she wanted.
- The superhero vowed to defeat his arch nemesis.
- After years of rivalry, he finally vanquished his nemesis.
- The chess master’s nemesis was a 10-year-old prodigy.
- The professor’s intellectual nemesis challenged her theories.
- The cat considered the mouse to be its eternal nemesis.
Nemesis as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The hero’s greatest nemeses joined forces against him.
- The team faced multiple nemeses in the championship.
- The detective had a long list of criminal nemeses.
- The superhero fought bravely against his powerful nemeses.
- The company’s main nemeses were their competitors.
- The captain led his crew against a fleet of formidable nemeses.
- The teacher addressed the students’ academic nemeses.
- The boxer defeated all his previous nemeses.
- The protagonist had to overcome his personal nemeses to succeed.
- The spy organization faced numerous international nemeses.
Singular Possessive of Nemesis:
- Nemesis’s wrath was swift and merciless.
- The heroes were cautious of Nemesis’s next move.
- Nemesis’s plan for revenge was finally revealed.
- The defeat left a scar on Nemesis’s pride.
- The legend spoke of Nemesis’s ultimate downfall.
- The city trembled under Nemesis’s oppressive rule.
- The protagonist challenged Nemesis’s authority and power.
- The story explored the depths of Nemesis’s dark heart.
- Nemesis’s presence lingered ominously in the room.
- The hero’s destiny was intertwined with Nemesis’s fate.
Plural Possessive of Nemesis:
- The heroes united against Nemeses’ combined strength.
- The kingdoms were at the mercy of Nemeses’ wrath.
- The gods feared the awakening of Nemeses’ fury.
- The legends foretold the gathering of Nemeses’ disciples.
- The war was waged between Nemeses’ rival factions.
- The kingdoms fell under Nemeses’ relentless assault.
- The heroes faced the challenge of defeating Nemeses’ minions.
- The world trembled under Nemeses’ collective might.
- The prophecy spoke of Nemeses’ ultimate defeat.
- The bards sang tales of Nemeses’ reign of terror.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 04:23 am