Negative words starting with ‘N’ can be surprisingly expressive and impactful. In this post, we will dive into a range of such words, emphasizing negative adjectives and terms.
From ‘nasty’ to ‘neglectful’, we will explore their meanings and how they’re used in everyday language. Grasping these words not only broadens our vocabulary but also aids in articulating difficult feelings and situations accurately.
Let’s navigate through the nuances of these negative ‘N’ words together.
Negative Words That Start With N
Here is a list of negative words starting with the letter N:
- Nagging: Constantly harassing someone
- Naive: Showing a lack of experience, wisdom
- Narcissistic: Having an excessive interest in oneself
- Narked: Irritated or annoyed
- Narked up: Extremely irritated or annoyed
- Narky: Irritable or bad-tempered
- Narrow: Limited in extent, amount, or scope
- Narrow-minded: Not willing to listen to or tolerate other people’s views
- Nasty: Highly unpleasant, especially to the senses
- Nasty-minded: Having unpleasant or malicious thoughts
- Nasty-tempered: Having an unpleasant or irritable temperament
- Nattering: Talk casually about unimportant matters
- Nattering nabob: A person who complains or criticizes constantly
- Nattering nincompoop: A foolish or inept person who talks excessively
- Nauseated: Feeling or causing to feel nausea
- Nauseating: Causing or liable to cause a feeling of nausea
- Nauseous: Affected with nausea
- Naysayer: A person who criticizes, objects to, or opposes something
- Naysaying: Saying no or denying something
- Neanderthal: Lacking in social skills or manners
- Nebulous: Vague or ill-defined
- Needy: Requiring help, support, or attention
- Needy-greedy: Extremely needy or greedy
- Nefarious: Wicked or criminal
- Negative: Consisting in or characterized by the absence
- Negativity: The expression of criticism or pessimism
- Neglect: Fail to care for properly
- Neglected: Suffering a lack of proper care
- Neglectful: Not giving proper care or attention
- Negligent: Failing to take proper care
- Nerve-wracking: Causing stress or anxiety
- Nerveless: Lacking courage or strength
- Nervous: Easily agitated or alarmed
- Nervous nellie: A person who is excessively anxious
- Nervous wreck: Extremely anxious or upset
- Nervously: In a nervous manner
- Nervousness: The state of being nervous
- Nervy: Showing or requiring courage and determination
- Nescient: Lacking knowledge or awareness
- Nettled: Irritated or annoyed
- Nettlesome: Causing annoyance or difficulty
- Neurotic: Suffering from neurosis
- Ne’er-do-well: A person who is lazy and irresponsible
- Niggling: Causing slight but persistent annoyance
- Niggly: Tending to spend excessive time on trivial details
- Nighmarishness: The quality of being like a nightmare
- Nightmarish: Resembling a nightmare
- Nihilistic: Rejecting all religious and moral principles
- Nip-and-tuck: Very closely contested
- Nipper: A young child or animal
- Nippy: Chilly or brisk
- Nit-picking: Overly concerned with trivial details
- Nitpicker: A person who criticizes small details
- Nitpicking: Being overly critical about trivial things
- Nitpicky: Overly concerned with minor details
- Nitwit: A silly or foolish person
- No-account: Worthless or insignificant
- No-good: Not useful or beneficial
- No-goodnik: A person of little worth or integrity
- No-nonsense: Practical and straightforward
- No-win: Situation with no favorable outcome
- Noise-polluting: Causing unwanted noise pollution
- Noisily: Making much noise
- Noisome: Extremely offensive smell
- Noisy: Making a lot of noise
- Nonchalant: Casually indifferent
- Noncommittal: Not expressing a commitment
- Nonconstructive: Not helpful or productive
- Nondescript: Lacking distinctive features
- Nondiscriminatory: Not biased; fair
- Nonfunctional: Not working or operational
- Nonobservant: Not strictly observing rules
- Nonplussed: Surprised and confused
- Nonprogressive: Not favoring progress
- Nonsensical: Lacking sense or meaning
- Nonsensicality: Quality of being nonsensical
- Nonstarter: Idea doomed to fail
- Nonviable: Not capable of surviving
- Nosedive: Rapid decline
- Nosey: Overly curious about others
- Nosy: Overly inquisitive
- Not all there: Mentally deficient or unbalanced
- Not long for this world: Not expected to live long
- Not quite right: Slightly off or incorrect
- Not right in the head: Mentally unbalanced or crazy
- Not safe for work (NSFW): Inappropriate for work environment
- Not up to par: Below the expected standard
- Notoriety: Famous for something bad
- Notorious: Widely known, usually unfavorably
- Noxious: Harmful, poisonous, or very unpleasant
- Noxiousness: The quality of being harmful
- Nudge-nudge: Hinting or insinuating
- Nudnik: A boring or annoying person
- Nuisance: A person or thing causing annoyance
- Null: Having no legal or binding force
- Null and void: Invalid or without effect
- Nullify: Make legally null and void
- Numb: Deprived of feeling or responsiveness
- Numbness: Lack of feeling or sensation
- Numskull: A stupid or foolish person
Negative Adjectives Starting With N
Negative Words With N To Describe A Person
- Narcissistic: Excessively self-centered and in love with oneself.
- Needy: Constantly seeking attention, support, or validation.
- Neglectful: Failing to give proper care or attention to responsibilities.
- Nasty: Mean-spirited and unpleasant in behavior or speech.
- Nervous: Easily anxious and worried in various situations.
- Nonchalant: Indifferent and unconcerned; lacking enthusiasm.
- Nitpicking: Focusing on trivial faults and criticizing excessively.
- Nosy: Intrusively curious about others’ private matters.
- Negative: Pessimistic and focusing on the downsides of situations.
- Narrow-minded: Intolerant and unwilling to consider different viewpoints.
Negative Words With N To Describe A Place
- Neglected: Abandoned and lacking proper care or attention.
- Nauseating: Causing intense feelings of disgust or queasiness.
- Nondescript: Lacking distinctive qualities, unremarkable and plain.
- Noxious: Harmful and toxic, posing a threat to health or well-being.
- Numb: Devoid of sensation, emotion, or liveliness.
- Narrow-minded: Intolerant and unwilling to consider different perspectives.
- Notorious: Infamous and widely known for negative reasons.
- Nocturnal: Active at night, potentially associated with darkness or danger.
- Noise-polluted: Overwhelmed by excessive and disturbing sounds.
- Nasty: Unpleasant, offensive, or mean-spirited in nature.
Negative Words With N To Describe A Thing
- Nefarious: Wicked, evil, or criminal in nature; villainous.
- Nauseating: Causing nausea or disgust; sickening.
- Nondescript: Lacking distinctive qualities, uninteresting, or unremarkable.
- Neglected: Ignored or not given proper attention or care.
- Numbing: Dulling the senses or causing a lack of feeling or responsiveness.
- Noxious: Harmful, poisonous, or offensive to the senses.
- Narcissistic: Excessively self-centered and self-absorbed.
- Nagging: Persistently annoying or criticizing in a bothersome manner.
- Nihilistic: Rejecting traditional values and beliefs, often leading to a sense of meaninglessness.
- Narrow-minded: Having a limited perspective or being unwilling to consider other viewpoints.
Curse Words That Start With N
Here is a list of some bad and insult words with N & their meanings, that are used in our daily conversation;
Note: These words are offensive and provided solely for educational purposes.
Meaning: Member or supporter of the National Socialist German Workers’ Party; used as an insult.
Meaning: Outdated terms for Black people, can be offensive.
Meaning: Racist term, variation of jigaboo.
Meaning: Variant of nigger, can be offensive.
Meaning: Highly offensive racial slur against Black people.
Meaning: Offensive term, implying stereotypical behavior.
Meaning: Plural of nigger, a highly offensive racial slur.
Meaning: Offensive term, diminutive of nigger.
Meaning: Racist term, variant of nig-nog.
Meaning: Slang for scrotum.
Meaning: Alternative spelling of nut sack.
Last updated on November 18th, 2023 at 12:11 am