Lily Plural, What is the Plural of Lily?
Meaning: a beautiful white flower
Singular and Plural of Lily
Synonyms of Lily
Lily in Example Sentences
- The lily flower is very beautiful and it has a wonderful smell.
- Don’t plant the lilies too close to the trees or they will get a fungus.
- His favorite flower is the lily and he has a lot of them in his garden.
- I have never seen this type of lily before, it is very colorful.
- She sings about a lot of different flowers in her song and the most notable one is the lily.
English has both singular and plural forms for nouns, pronouns, adjectives and verbs. Understanding when to use them correctly is an important part of mastering the language. This basic vocabulary short lesson is very useful for kids and beginners. We have discussed basic synonyms and their use in our daily routine conversational sentences.
Learning English is a challenging process for many people, but fortunately there are plenty of resources to help you along the way. One common grammar issue that ESL students struggle with is singulars and plurals. If your goal is to learn how to use these correctly in sentences, it can be helpful to keep this basic rule in mind- plural nouns have an “-s” added on the end!
Download here a complete list of singular and plurals in PDF.
Here is a detailed list of singular and plurals: