Meaning of Can is
the ability to do something.
Singular and Plural of Can
Can as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- He opened a cold can of soda.
- She emptied the soup into a large can.
- The hiker carried a lightweight can of beans.
- He recycled the aluminum can after finishing his drink.
- The chef opened a can of tomatoes for the sauce.
- She kicked the can down the street.
- The children played with an empty can as a drum.
- The painter used a can of spray paint for the artwork.
- He stored his tools in a metal can in the garage.
- The survivor cooked food over a campfire using a tin can.
Can as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- They collected empty aluminum cans for recycling.
- The workers loaded the trash into large garbage cans.
- She stored the leftovers in airtight cans in the refrigerator.
- The shelves were stocked with different sizes of canned goods.
- He disposed of the empty paint cans at the recycling center.
- The construction site had rows of stacked cement cans.
- They donated a box of canned foods to the food bank.
- The fishermen caught fresh fish and stored them in ice-filled cans.
- The metal recycling facility crushed the discarded cans.
- The army carried water in large metal cans during the mission.
Singular Possessive of Can
The singular possessive form of “Can” is “Can’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Can:
- The can’s label was peeling off.
- I used a can’s opener to access the content.
- The painter removed the can’s lid with a tool.
- The chef poured the sauce from the can’s top.
- The photographer captured the can’s reflection in the frame.
- The environmentalist recycled the can’s aluminum material.
- The manufacturer improved the can’s design for easy use.
- The mechanic inspected the can’s dents and scratches.
- The hiker crushed the can’s empty form before disposing of it.
- The artist repurposed the can’s shape in a sculpture.
Plural Possessive of Can
The plural possessive form of “Can” is “Cans'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Can:
- The recycling bin collected all the cans’ materials.
- The supermarket’s aisle displayed a variety of cans’ options.
- The soda machine contained different cans’ flavors.
- The collector sorted the cans’ labels by brand.
- The construction workers crushed the cans’ empty forms.
- The pantry stored the cans’ contents in an organized manner.
- The fundraiser collected the cans’ donations for a cause.
- The artist repainted the cans’ surfaces for an art installation.
- The camping trip required packing cans’ of food for convenience.
- The recycling center processed the cans’ materials efficiently.