Meaning: a female bird, especially of a domestic fowl.
Plural of Hen
Hen as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The hen laid an egg in the nesting box.
- The farmer fed the hen in the chicken coop.
- She kept a hen as a pet in her backyard.
- The hen clucked softly as it searched for food.
- The children watched the hen and her chicks in the barnyard.
- The chef prepared a delicious meal using fresh hen
- The hen flapped its wings and flew to a higher perch.
- The rooster crowed, and the hen followed him around.
- The farmer counted his hen to ensure they were all present.
- The children gathered around the hen to collect the eggs.
Hen as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The farmer raised a flock of hens for egg production.
- The market sold fresh eggs from free-range hens.
- The coop housed several dozen hens.
- The children fed the flock of hens with corn kernels.
- The eggs from the healthy hens were carefully packaged.
- The farmer provided a spacious enclosure for his hens to roam.
- The hens pecked at the ground, searching for insects.
- The henhouse had nesting boxes for the hens to lay their eggs.
- The farmer collected the freshly laid eggs from the hens every morning.
- The market offered a variety of breeds for customers to choose from, including Silkie hens.
Singular Possessive of Hen
The singular possessive form of “Hen” is “Hen’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Hen:
- The hen’s eggs are collected daily.
- The farmer examined the hen’s health.
- The hen’s feathers were vibrant and beautiful.
- We observed the hen’s behavior in the coop.
- Hen’s diet affects egg quality.
- The researcher studied the hen’s reproductive cycle.
- The hen’s calls alerted the other chickens.
- We monitored the hen’s egg-laying patterns.
- The hen’s coop provided a comfortable shelter.
- Hen’s well-being is crucial for optimal egg production.
Plural Possessive of Hen
The plural possessive form of “Hen” is “Hens'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Hen:
- The hens’ eggs are collected daily.
- The farmers examined the hens’ health.
- The hens’ feathers were vibrant and beautiful.
- We observed the hens’ behavior in the coop.
- Hens’ diet affects egg quality.
- The researchers studied the hens’ reproductive cycles.
- The hens’ calls alerted the other chickens.
- We monitored the hens’ egg-laying patterns.
- The hens’ coop provided a comfortable shelter.
- Hens’ well-being is crucial for optimal egg production.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 07:14 pm