Meaning: a quantity that fills the hand.
Plural of Handful
Handful as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- She grabbed a handful of sand and threw it.
- He had a handful of cash in his pocket.
- The chef added a handful of herbs to the soup.
- I managed to catch a handful of balloons at the party.
- She held a handful of berries in her palm.
- He scooped a handful of nuts from the bowl.
- The child clutched a handful of marbles tightly.
- She poured a handful of seeds into the soil.
- The gardener plucked a handful of weeds from the flowerbed.
- He needed a handful of screws to fix the chair.
Handful as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The children each had a handful of candies.
- I bought several handfuls of fresh strawberries.
- They collected handfuls of seashells on the beach.
- The protesters held handfuls of signs and banners.
- She gave me two handfuls of colorful confetti.
- The hikers filled their backpacks with handfuls of trail mix.
- We need a few handfuls of sand for the sandcastle.
- The shopkeeper packed several handfuls of spices for me.
- The children threw handfuls of flower petals during the wedding.
- They carried handfuls of stones for the garden pathway.
Singular Possessive of Handful
The singular possessive form of “Handful” is “Handful’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Handful:
- The child held the handful’s worth of sand tightly.
- She managed the handful’s responsibilities with determination.
- The handful’s energy was boundless and contagious.
- The parent’s patience was tested by the handful’s mischief.
- The handful’s innocence brought joy to those around them.
- The teacher marveled at the handful’s curiosity and eagerness to learn.
- The handful’s laughter filled the room with pure delight.
- The parent treasured the handful’s hugs and affection.
- The photographer captured the handful’s mischievous smile perfectly.
- The babysitter managed to keep the handful’s attention through creative activities.
Plural Possessive of Handful
The plural possessive form of “Handful” is “Handfuls'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Handful:
- The children’s classroom was filled with handfuls’ of art supplies.
- They counted the handfuls’ of candies they received.
- The parents juggled multiple handfuls’ of responsibilities daily.
- The event organizers managed the logistics of handfuls’ of participants.
- The volunteers distributed handfuls’ of food to those in need.
- The children eagerly collected handfuls’ of seashells at the beach.
- The gardeners harvested handfuls’ of fresh vegetables from the garden.
- The students carried handfuls’ of books to the library for research.
- The hikers gathered handfuls’ of wildflowers along the trail.
- The partygoers enjoyed handfuls’ of confetti during the celebration.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 07:12 pm