Meaning: one and only the creator and ruler of the universe
Singular and Plural of God
God as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- God is believed to be omnipotent and omniscient.
- People have different beliefs about the nature of God.
- Many religions teach that God is loving and compassionate.
- The existence of God is a subject of philosophical debate.
- Some people find comfort and solace in their faith in God.
- God is often seen as a higher power guiding human lives.
- Different cultures have different names for God.
- The concept of God is central to many religious texts.
- People seek guidance and wisdom from God in times of trouble.
- The belief in God is deeply personal and subjective.
God as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- In ancient mythology, the gods ruled over different domains.
- The gods in Greek mythology were believed to live on Mount Olympus.
- The ancient Egyptians worshipped multiple gods and goddesses.
- The gods of Norse mythology had distinct personalities and powers.
- Different cultures have different pantheons of gods.
- The existence of multiple gods is a common feature in polytheistic religions.
- The gods were believed to intervene in human affairs.
- People offered sacrifices to appease the wrath of the gods.
- The ancient Romans believed in a pantheon of twelve major gods.
- Polytheistic religions recognize and worship multiple gods.
Singular Possessive of God
The singular possessive form of “God” is “God’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of God:
- We seek guidance from God’s wisdom.
- The devotee prayed for God’s blessings.
- God’s love is infinite and unconditional.
- The poet found inspiration in God’s creations.
- We put our trust in God’s plan.
- The believer felt comfort in God’s presence.
- The prophet delivered God’s message to the people.
- God’s mercy knows no bounds.
- The worshipper expressed gratitude for God’s grace.
- We witnessed God’s miracles in our lives.
Plural Possessive of God
The plural possessive form of “God” is “Gods'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of God:
- The archaeologists discovered ancient Gods’ artifacts.
- The mythologies describe various Gods’ powers.
- The followers worshipped the Gods’ in their temples.
- We studied the legends of the ancient Gods’.
- The believers honored the Gods’ sacred rituals.
- The pantheon displayed the statues of different Gods’.
- The theologians analyzed the doctrines of multiple Gods’.
- We respected the traditions associated with the Gods’ worship.
- The artists depicted the stories of the Gods’ in their paintings.
- The scholars researched the influence of the Gods’ in society.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 01:52 pm