Meaning of Bat
an implement with a handle and a solid surface, typically of wood
Singular and Plural of Bat
Bat as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The baseball player swung the bat with precision.
- The vampire slept upside down, hanging from the cave ceiling by its bat.
- The bat flew silently through the night sky.
- The zookeeper fed fruit to the fruit bat.
- The cricket player gripped the bat tightly before taking a swing.
- The researcher studied the behavior of the nocturnal bat.
- The child played with a toy bat during Halloween.
- The cave was home to a colony of thousands of bats.
- The baseball coach handed the player a wooden bat.
- The documentary highlighted the ecological importance of bats.
Bat as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The cave was filled with hundreds of sleeping bats.
- The wildlife sanctuary provided a safe habitat for endangered bats.
- The researchers captured the migratory pattern of the fruit bats.
- The baseball players lined up to choose their bats.
- The nature enthusiasts observed the behavior of the native bats.
- The cave explorers encountered a swarm of flying bats.
- The children imitated the flapping wings of the Halloween bats.
- The bats emerged from the cave at dusk to hunt for insects.
- The science class learned about the unique characteristics of different species of bats.
- The zoo displayed a diverse collection of bats from around the world.
Singular Possessive of Bat
The singular possessive form of “Bat” is “Bat’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Bat:
- The bat’s wingspan measured over a meter.
- I found a bat’s nest in the attic.
- The sound of the bat’s echolocation echoed through the cave.
- The researcher studied the bat’s behavior in its natural habitat.
- The bat’s fur was sleek and shiny.
- The park ranger informed us about the bat’s diet.
- The baseball player’s swing mimicked the bat’s movement.
- I watched the bat’s flight as it disappeared into the night.
- The zookeeper cleaned the bat’s enclosure daily.
- The bat’s fangs were sharp and used for hunting.
Plural Possessive of Bat
The plural possessive form of “Bat” is “Bats'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Bat:
- The colony of bats’ roost is located in the cave.
- We observed the bats’ behavior during their nightly flight.
- The zoo’s exhibit showcased various species of bats’ lifestyle.
- The bats’ hibernation period lasts several months.
- The scientist researched the bats’ migration patterns.
- The park’s informational sign provided details about the bats’ habits.
- We listened to the echoes of the bats’ ultrasonic calls.
- The bats’ droppings provided valuable nutrients for the ecosystem.
- The cave was home to thousands of bats’ offspring.
- The conservationist worked to protect the bats’ natural habitats.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 05:26 pm