Meaning: set of two things
Plural of Pair
Pair as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- A pair of shoes was neatly placed by the door.
- The pair of socks was missing its match.
- The pair of glasses sat on the edge of the table.
- The pair of gloves kept his hands warm in the cold.
- The pair of earrings complemented her outfit perfectly.
- The pair of jeans fit him snugly.
- The pair of binoculars helped him spot the distant bird.
- The pair of chopsticks was used to eat sushi.
- The pair of shoes was worn out from constant use.
- The pair of curtains added a touch of elegance to the room.
Pair as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- We bought two pairs of socks at the store.
- The store had a wide variety of pairs of shoes.
- The couple purchased matching pairs of wedding rings.
- The twins wore matching pairs of pajamas.
- The dancers performed in synchronized pairs.
- The pairs of gloves were neatly stacked on the shelf.
- The store was offering a discount on selected pairs of jeans.
- The skaters wore their favorite pairs of ice skates.
- The hikers carried multiple pairs of socks for the long trek.
- The fashion show featured unique pairs of earrings.
Singular Possessive of Pair
The singular possessive form of “Pair” is “Pair’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Pair:
- The dance routine showcased pair’s coordination.
- The success of the project relied on pair’s teamwork.
- The choice of the menu was pair’s decision.
- The responsibility fell on pair’s shoulders to complete the task.
- The bond between the two was pair’s unique connection.
- The collaboration between pair’s resulted in a masterpiece.
- The journey of the adventurers began with pair’s first step.
- The conversation between pair’s was confidential.
- The applause filled the room as pair’s entered.
- The chemistry between pair’s was evident to everyone.
Plural Possessive of Pair
The plural possessive form of “Pair” is “Pairs'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Pair:
- The pairs’ performances impressed the judges.
- The costumes worn by the pairs’ were colorful and vibrant.
- The coordination of the pairs’ movements was flawless.
- The dedication of the pairs’ to their craft was evident.
- The practice sessions of the pairs’ were rigorous and disciplined.
- The routines choreographed for the pairs’ were challenging.
- The support of the audience motivated the pairs’ to excel.
- The partnership between the pairs’ was built on trust and communication.
- The achievements of the pairs’ were celebrated by their fans.
- The legacy of the pairs’ inspired future generations.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 09:53 pm