Yummy fruits that start with the letter Y? Some of them you might know, but others could surprise you. This article is for all the curious and adventurous fruit lovers out there who want to explore the amazing world of botany beyond the common apples and bananas. From yellow yuzu to yellow wax apple, we’ll take a close look at 18 fruits that surprisingly begin with ‘y’ – yes, even watermelons!
Plus, discover more about their nutritional properties as well as some fun facts about each individual fruit. So read on to learn all about these delectable vegetables!
List of Fruits That Start With Y
- Yuzu Fruit
- Yunnan Hackberry Fruit
- Yumberry Fruit
- Yucca Fruit
- Youngberry Fruit
- Young Mango
- York Imperial Apple
- Yemenite Citron
- Yellow Watermelon
- Yellow Strawberry
- Yellow Sapote
- Yellow Plum
- Yellow Passion Fruit
- Yellow Guava
- Yellow Apple
- Yangmei Fruit
- Yali Pears Fruit
- Ya pear
Tropical Fruits That Start With Y
Fruits Starting With Y and Properties
- Yuzu Fruit: This Japanese citrus fruit is a small, round, yellow-green variety with an intensely tart flavor.
- Yunnan Hackberry Fruit: Yunnan hackberry is an exotic fruit, with a sweet and sour taste.
- Yumberry Fruit: Also known as Chinese yamberry, yumberry is a small and round red-colored fruit with a sweet taste and honey-like flavor.
- Yucca Fruit: Yucca fruits have a sweet and nutty flavor, similar to an apple or pear.
- Youngberry Fruit: This sweet, dark purple berry was created by crossing several types of blackberries, raspberries, and dewberries.
- Young Mango: These mangos are still immature and unripe, with a tart flavor that is more like a sour apple.
- York Imperial Apple: This is a good baking and cooking apple that has a tart taste and stands up well to heat.
- Yemenite Citron: This type of citrus has a sweet and sour flavor, similar to a lemon or lime.
- Yellow Watermelon: Yellow watermelons are sweet, with a mild flavor and tender texture.
- Yellow Strawberry: These are small, yellow, or golden-colored strawberries that have a sweeter flavor and firmer texture than the red varieties.
- Yellow Sapote: This fruit has a creamy, custard-like texture and a sweet flavor, similar to that of a pear.
- Yellow Plum: These plums are yellowish-green in color with a sweet and tart flavor.
- Yellow Passion Fruit: Yellow passion fruit is the fruit of the Passiflora edulis plant. It has a sweet-tart flavor and an acidic taste.
- Yellow Guava: These guavas have a sweet, almost musky flavor with a slightly tart aftertaste.
- Yellow Apple: As their name suggests, these apples are yellow in color and may have a sweet flavor.
- Yangmei Fruit: This is a type of Chinese bayberry that has a sweet-tart flavor and juicy flesh.
- Yali Pears Fruit: These are small, round pears with a sweet, mild flavor and juicy texture.
- Ya pear: This Asian variety of pear is very sweet with a crunchy texture.
Nutritional Benefits of Fruits That Start With Y
All of the fruits on this list are good sources of vitamins and minerals, depending on the variety.
For example, yuzu fruit is high in vitamin C which helps to boost the immune system.
Yumberries contain lots of antioxidants which can help to reduce inflammation in the body.
Young mangos provide dietary fiber which helps with digestion, and yellow sapote is a good source of potassium which aids muscle health.
Ya pears are also full of beneficial nutrients like vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium.
In addition, all these fruits contain beneficial plant compounds which can help to reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
Fruits Beginning With Y and Pictures
|Yali Pears Fruit|
|Yellow Passion Fruit|
|York Imperial Apple|
|Yunnan Hackberry Fruit|
Infographics – Fruits Names With Y
Check Other Fruits A to Z:
A – B – C – D – E – F – G – H – I – J – K – L – M – N – O – P – Q – R – S – T – U – V – W – X – Y – Z