Meaning: a mark, object, or figure formed by two short intersecting lines.
Plural of CROSS
Cross as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The athlete made the cross over the finish line.
- She wore a delicate gold cross pendant around her neck.
- The cross at the top of the church tower stood tall.
- The hiker followed the trail to the wooden cross
- The treasure map indicated an X cross to mark the spot.
- The explorer carried a small cross as a symbol of hope.
- The artist painted a beautiful landscape with a distant cross.
- The nurse placed a red cross sticker on the patient’s chart.
- The cross on the map indicated a dangerous intersection.
- The priest held up the cross during the religious ceremony.
Cross as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The hikers reached the mountain crosses after a challenging climb.
- The cemetery was adorned with numerous crosses.
- The soldiers paid their respects to fallen comrades at the row of crosses.
- The artist created a series of intricate crosses for the exhibition.
- The road was marked with white crosses to indicate danger.
- The historical site featured ancient stone crosses.
- The jewelry store displayed a variety of diamond crosses.
- The pilgrims left small crosses as tokens of their journey.
- The graveyard contained old weathered crosses.
- The military cemetery was a solemn field of white crosses.
Singular Possessive of Cross
The singular possessive form of “Cross” is “Cross’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Cross:
- The Cross’s color caught my attention.
- I saw the Cross’s shadow on the wall.
- Cross’s presence added elegance to the room.
- I noticed the sparkle in Cross’s eye.
- The sound of Cross’s laughter filled the air.
- I admired the craftsmanship of Cross’s design.
- The weight of Cross’s responsibility was evident.
- I was drawn to the beauty of Cross’s pattern.
- The reflection in Cross’s mirror was flawless.
- Cross’s scent lingered in the room.
Plural Possessive of Cross
The plural possessive form of “Cross” is “Crosses'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Cross:
- The Crosses’ colors brightened the street.
- I saw the shadows of the Crosses’ on the wall.
- The presence of the Crosses’ added grandeur.
- I noticed the sparkle in the Crosses’ eyes.
- The sound of the Crosses’ laughter echoed.
- I admired the craftsmanship of the Crosses’ designs.
- The weight of the Crosses’ responsibilities was evident.
- I was drawn to the beauty of the Crosses’ patterns.
- The reflections in the Crosses’ mirrors were flawless.
- The Crosses’ scents filled the air.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 03:33 pm