Meaning of Roof
The meaning of Roof is the structure forming the upper covering of a building or vehicle.
Plural of Roof
Synonyms of Roof
Roof as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The raindrops fell on the rooftop.
- He climbed onto the roof to fix the antenna.
- The cat sat on the roof and watched the birds.
- The construction workers repaired the damaged roof.
- The snow covered the entire roof during the winter storm.
- The sun shone brightly on the tiled roof.
- The chimney protruded from the roof of the house.
- They installed solar panels on the roof for energy efficiency.
- The view from the rooftop was breathtaking.
- The rooftop garden was filled with colorful flowers.
Roof as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The roofs of the houses were painted red.
- The rainwater cascaded down the sloping roofs.
- The workers inspected the damaged roofs after the storm.
- The chimneys rose above the neighboring roofs.
- They installed new shingles on the old roofs.
- The snow melted and dripped from the roofs.
- The cityscape was dotted with glistening roofs.
- They used drones to survey the condition of the roofs.
- The roofs of the skyscrapers touched the clouds.
- The rooftops offered a panoramic view of the city.
Singular Possessive of Roof
The singular possessive form of “Roof” is “Roof’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Roof:
- The roof’s edge was covered in snow.
- Please fix the roof’s leaky shingles.
- The color of the roof’s tiles is fading.
- We need to clean the roof’s gutters.
- The wind tore off the roof’s shingles.
- The architect admired the roof’s unique design.
- The weight of the snow damaged the roof’s structure.
- They painted the roof’s wooden beams.
- The contractor inspected the roof’s insulation.
- The sun’s heat made the roof’s surface hot.
Plural Possessive of Roof
The plural possessive form of “Roof” is “Roofs'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Roof:
- The roofs’ chimneys were adorned with ornaments.
- The wind damaged the roofs’ shingles.
- They inspected the roofs’ drainage system.
- The storm blew off the roofs’ tiles.
- The workers repaired the roofs’ damaged sections.
- The architects designed the roofs’ solar panels.
- The snow melted off the roofs’ surfaces.
- The birds built their nests on the roofs’ edges.
- They painted the roofs’ metal supports.
- The rainwater collected in the roofs’ gutters.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 03:44 pm