The letter ‘X’ has always been surrounded by an air of mystery and intrigue, both in the broader realms of language and in the specialized world of anatomy. While ‘X’ might seem elusive when thinking about the body, there are a few anatomical terms and concepts that start with this letter.
This list might be shorter compared to other letters of the alphabet, but each term is unique and crucial in its own right. Let’s embark on an exploration of the ‘X’ in human anatomy.
Body Parts That Start With X
- Xiphoid process (the lower part of the sternum)
- Xiphisternum (another name for the xiphoid process)
- X-ray (a type of imaging to view inside the body, though not a body part itself)
- X chromosome (one of the sex chromosomes)
- Xerostomia (a condition meaning dry mouth, though not a body part itself)
- X-linked (refers to genes located on the X chromosome)
- Xiphoid cartilage (cartilage connected to the xiphoid process)
- Xiphoid syndrome (painful sensation in the xiphoid process region)
Explore More A-Z Body Parts:
Body Parts With X – Infographics
Last updated on September 30th, 2023 at 03:28 am