Meaning of Ballista
The meaning of BALLISTA is: a catapult used in ancient warfare for hurling large stones.
Singular and Plural of Ballista
The plural of Ballista is ballistae. Here are some example sentences Ballista synonyms of Ballista.
Ballista as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The ballista was an ancient artillery weapon used in warfare.
- The soldier operated the ballista to launch projectiles.
- The siege engine known as the ballista had great range and accuracy.
- The museum displayed a replica of the ancient ballista.
- The engineer designed a smaller, portable ballista for the demonstration.
- The historian researched the construction and use of the ballista.
- The ancient Romans used the ballista in their military campaigns.
- The crossbow-like ballista required precise aiming and coordination.
- The ballista was capable of launching heavy bolts at high speeds.
- The army relied on the accuracy and power of the ballista in battles.
Ballista as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The military museum exhibited various types of ancient ballistae.
- The historians studied the tactics and effectiveness of the Roman ballistae.
- They replicated the design and functionality of the ancient ballistae.
- The soldiers trained to operate and maintain the massive ballistae.
- The archaeological excavation uncovered remnants of broken ballistae.
- The textbooks provided detailed information about the different types of ballistae.
- The ancient armies used multiple ballistae to launch simultaneous attacks.
- The engineers experimented with new materials to improve the performance of the ballistae.
- They reenacted historical battles using accurate replicas of the ballistae.
- The documentary explored the development and impact of the ancient ballistae.
Singular Possessive of Ballista
The singular possessive form of “Ballista” is “Ballista’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Ballista:
- The soldier operated the ballista’s massive bow and arrow.
- The ancient engineer designed the ballista’s powerful firing mechanism.
- The museum displayed a replica of the Roman ballista’s structure.
- The commander aimed the ballista’s projectile towards the enemy.
- The siege weapon required skilled crew members for the ballista’s operation.
- The historian analyzed the ballista’s historical significance in warfare.
- The castle defended itself with the ballista’s accurate long-range shots.
- The military strategist deployed the ballista’s on strategic hilltops.
- The archeologist discovered remnants of the ancient ballista’s mechanism.
- The king admired the craftsmanship of his kingdom’s finest ballista’s.
Plural Possessive of Ballista
The plural possessive form of “Ballista” is “Ballistae’s”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Ballista:
- The generals deployed multiple ballistae’s for the battle.
- The ancient armies relied on the ballistae’s devastating firepower.
- The historians studied the Roman empire’s ballistae’s effectiveness.
- The engineers improved the ballistae’s accuracy with advanced mechanisms.
- The castle walls were equipped with the ballistae’s defensive capabilities.
- The commander inspected the soldiers’ ballistae’s ammunition supply.
- The battlefield showcased the destruction caused by the enemy’s ballistae’s.
- The archeologists uncovered evidence of the ancient civilization’s ballistae’s.
- The museum exhibited a collection of different civilizations’ ballistae’s.
- The textbooks described the evolution of ballistae’s throughout history.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 05:00 pm