Athlete Plural, What is the plural of Athlete?
Here we will learn Singular of Athlete, Plural of Athlete, meaning of Athlete, synonyms and example sentences of Athlete. This basic vocabulary short lesson is very useful for kids and beginners. You will learn about this basic English vocabulary word and its use in our daily routine conversational sentences.
Meaning of Athlete
The meaning of ATHLETE is: a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.
Singular and Plural of Athlete
The plural of Athlete is athletes. Here are some example sentences Athlete synonyms of Athlete.
Synonyms of Athlete
- iron person
- muscle person
- games player
Use of Athlete in Example Sentences
- The athlete is examined by a physiotherapist or a doctor.
- After a strenuous workout, a trainer rubs down an athlete.
- The athlete has a lot of muscle mass.
- While climbing a cliff, the athlete broke his arm.
- As a professional athlete, he has reached the end of his career.
- Daley Thompson excelled as an athlete.
- Before retiring, the athlete will have one last try.
- Derartu is a fantastic athlete who earned his victory.
English has both singular and plural forms for nouns, pronouns, adjectives and verbs. Understanding when to use them correctly is an important part of mastering the language. This basic vocabulary short lesson is very useful for kids and beginners. We have discussed basic synonyms and their use in our daily routine conversational sentences.
Learning English is a challenging process for many people, but fortunately there are plenty of resources to help you along the way. One common grammar issue that ESL students struggle with is singulars and plurals. If your goal is to learn how to use these correctly in sentences, it can be helpful to keep this basic rule in mind- plural nouns have an “-s” added on the end!
Download here a complete list of singular and plurals in PDF.
A Huge list of 500+ Singular and Plural