10 Complex Sentences in English! Writing complex sentences in English is a great way to communicate more clearly and express yourself more effectively. It can be intimidating at first, though, so it’s important to start slowly and build up your skills as you become more comfortable with the process. In this article, we’ll look at 10 examples of complex sentences in English and how they are constructed.
Complex Sentences: Complex sentences are sentences that contain an independent clause and one or more dependent clauses. An independent clause can stand alone as a complete sentence, while a dependent clause cannot. Dependent clauses typically begin with subordinating conjunctions such as “although,” “because,” “when,” or “while,” which indicate the relationship between the dependent clause and the independent clause. The dependent clause provides additional information or adds complexity to the meaning of the independent clause.
10 Complex Sentences Examples
Below are 10 Complex Sentences Examples;
- Although I am tired, I am going to stay up and work on my project.
- Even though she is not feeling well, she is going to go to work.
- I can’t believe he cheated on me; I thought he was different.
- It’s raining again; I wonder if it will ever stop.
- I was going to go for a run, but then I realized it was raining.
- He seems like a nice guy, but I don’t know if I trust him.
- I wanted to go out tonight, but I have to work.
- If you study hard, you will do well on the test.
- Although he is not from here, he has been living in this country for many years.
- Even though I am busy, I can find time to see you.
Last updated on March 24th, 2023 at 04:43 pm