Pencil Plural, What is the Plural of Pencil?
Meaning: an instrument for writing or drawing
Singular and Plural of Pencil
encil as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- He sharpened the pencil before starting to write.
- The artist sketched a portrait using a charcoal pencil.
- She made a quick note with a mechanical pencil.
- The student erased the mistake with a rubber-tipped pencil.
- The carpenter used a wood pencil to mark the measurements.
- He doodled absentmindedly with a ballpoint pencil.
- The teacher handed out a worksheet and a pencil to each student.
- She underlined the important points with a colored pencil.
- The architect drafted the initial design with a drafting pencil.
- They shaded the drawing using a soft graphite pencil.
Pencil as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- They bought a set of colored pencils for the art class.
- The children exchanged their extra pencils during the exam.
- She organized her collection of mechanical pencils.
- The store stocked various types of writing pencils.
- They sharpened their pencils before the test.
- The artist used different grades of graphite pencils for shading.
- The classroom had a bin for used pencils.
- She shared her box of colored pencils with her friends.
- They bought packs of wooden pencils in bulk for the office.
- The teacher distributed fresh pencils to the students.
Singular Possessive of Pencil
The singular possessive form of “Pencil” is “Pencil’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Pencil:
- The tip of Pencil’s lead broke while writing.
- I admired the sharpness of Pencil’s point.
- The eraser on Pencil’s end was worn down.
- Pencil’s graphite left a dark mark on the paper.
- I sharpened Pencil’s wooden body with a sharpener.
- The grip on Pencil’s body provided comfort while writing.
- Pencil’s smooth glide made writing effortless.
- The texture of Pencil’s surface felt comfortable in my hand.
- I appreciated the precision of Pencil’s fine lines.
- Pencil’s presence on the desk reminded me to take notes.
Plural Possessive of Pencil
The plural possessive form of “Pencil” is “Pencils'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Pencil:
- The students’ desks were filled with Pencils’.
- The artists displayed their collection of Pencils’.
- The teacher distributed the Pencils’ to the students.
- The box contained various colors of Pencils’.
- The children shared their Pencils’ with each other.
- The sketchbooks were filled with the artists’ Pencils’ marks.
- The art supply store had a wide selection of Pencils’.
- The painters held their Pencils’ with a firm grip.
- The students organized their Pencils’ in a pencil case.
- The artists valued the quality of their Pencils’.
Explore More Nouns Below:
Last updated on June 6th, 2023 at 05:45 am