Meaning of Academy
The meaning of Academy is a place of study or training in a special field.
Singular and Plural of Academy
The plural of Academy is Academys.
Academy as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- I enrolled in the academy to pursue my dream.
- The principal welcomed the students to the academy.
- She received a scholarship to attend the prestigious academy.
- The professor is a renowned expert in his academy.
- The academy organized an art exhibition for the students.
- The academy offers a wide range of courses.
- The graduation ceremony took place at the academy.
- The students prepared diligently for their academy exams.
- The academy celebrated its 50th anniversary this year.
- She aspires to become a professor in the academy.
Academy as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- Many renowned academies compete in the competition.
- The students from different academies gathered for the event.
- The academies collaborated to organize a science fair.
- The teachers from various academies shared their expertise.
- The academies offer scholarships to exceptional students.
- The graduation ceremonies were held simultaneously at the academies.
- The academies focus on fostering creativity and innovation.
- The students participated in a debate competition between academies.
- The academies organized a joint field trip for their students.
- The alumni from different academies gathered for a reunion.
Singular Possessive of Academy
The singular possessive form of “Academy” is “Academy’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Academy
- I attended the Academy’s graduation ceremony.
- The professor is in charge of the Academy’s curriculum.
- The library hosts the Academy’s rare book collection.
- The principal announced the Academy’s new scholarship program.
- The auditorium is the venue for the Academy’s annual play.
- The board of directors oversees the Academy’s finances.
- The alumni association organizes the Academy’s reunion event.
- The art gallery displays the Academy’s student artwork.
- The gymnasium is where the Academy’s sports teams practice.
- The science lab is equipped with the Academy’s latest technology.
Plural Possessive of Academy
The plural possessive form of “Academy” is “Academies'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Academy
- The Academies’ collaboration resulted in groundbreaking research.
- The accreditation process involves evaluating the Academies’ programs.
- The scholarships are funded by the Academies’ endowments.
- The professors shared their expertise at the Academies’ conference.
- The alumni from different Academies’ came together for a reunion.
- The libraries of the Academies’ have extensive collections.
- The Academies’ faculty members publish research papers regularly.
- The campuses of the Academies’ span across multiple cities.
- The student councils of the Academies’ organize joint events.
- The Academies’ facilities provide state-of-the-art resources.