Meaning: a portable battery-powered electric lamp
Singular and Plural of Torch
Torch as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The adventurer held a flaming torch to light the dark cave.
- The Olympic runner carried the national flag and torch during the opening ceremony.
- The lighthouse keeper checked the functioning of the torch every evening.
- The scout used a torch to navigate through the dense forest.
- The ancient ruins were illuminated by the flickering flame of a torch.
- The knight raised his torch high, revealing the hidden passage.
- The explorer relied on the torch to find his way in the labyrinthine tunnels.
- The power outage forced us to rely on a torch for light.
- The emergency kit included a battery-powered torch for emergencies.
- The firefighter used a torch to cut through the metal wreckage.
Torch as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The protesters raised their torches high, demanding justice.
- The athletes passed the lit torches from one to another during the relay.
- The demonstrators carried burning torches as a symbol of their cause.
- The tribal ritual involved a procession with lit ceremonial torches.
- The crowd waved their illuminated torches in celebration.
- The medieval festival featured performances with fire-breathing torches.
- The bonfire was lit with a bundle of dried branches and torches.
- The historical reenactment included a scene with flaming torches.
- The villagers gathered around the village square, holding their homemade torches.
- The ancient tradition involved the lighting of a thousand torches to honor the gods.
Singular Possessive of Torch
The singular possessive form of “Torch” is “Torch’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Torch:
- Torch’s flame illuminated the dark room.
- I rely on Torch’s light to navigate through the forest.
- Torch’s purpose is to provide illumination in darkness.
- Torch’s handle offers a comfortable grip.
- The warmth of Torch’s flame is comforting.
- Torch’s size and weight make it portable.
- Torch’s fuel source determines its burn time.
- I appreciate the reliability of Torch’s functionality.
- Torch’s flickering light creates a mesmerizing ambiance.
- Torch’s use dates back to ancient civilizations.
Plural Possessive of Torch
The plural possessive form of “Torch” is “Torches'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Torch:
- Torches’ flames lit up the entire room.
- I carried multiple torches’ to illuminate the path.
- Torches’ purpose is to provide light in darkness.
- Torches’ handles offer a secure grip.
- The combined warmth of torches’ flames is comforting.
- Torches’ sizes and weights vary for different needs.
- Torches’ fuel sources determine their burn times.
- I appreciate the versatility of different torches’ functionalities.
- Torches’ flickering lights create a magical atmosphere.
- Torches’ usage spans across various cultures and time periods.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 12:07 pm