Meaning: hard solid mineral matter
Plural of Stone
Synonyms of Stone
Stone as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- She skipped a stone across the calm lake.
- The weight of the stone caused it to sink to the bottom.
- The sculptor chiseled the stone to create a beautiful statue.
- The ancient ruins were made of solid stone.
- She found a smooth, rounded stone on the beach.
- The jewelry was adorned with a precious stone.
- The crumbling castle was built with sturdy stone
- He tossed a stone into the pond, creating ripples.
- The hiker slipped on a loose stone on the trail.
- The architect used natural stone for the building’s exterior.
Stone as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The pathway was lined with small decorative stones.
- The wall was constructed using large, heavy stones.
- The garden was paved with interlocking stepping stones.
- The workers unloaded a truckload of stones for the construction project.
- The riverbed was covered in smooth, polished stones.
- The children collected colorful pebbles and brought them home as stones.
- The ancient monument was made from massive granite stones.
- The gravel path was made from crushed stones.
- The mosaic artwork was created using tiny glass stones.
- The driveway was paved with cobble stones.
Singular Possessive of Stone
The singular possessive form of “Stone” is “Stone’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Stone:
- Stone’s weight made it difficult to carry.
- We admired the craftsmanship of Stone’s sculpture.
- The geologist examined Stone’s mineral composition.
- Stone’s surface was smooth and polished.
- I found Stone’s texture interesting to touch.
- We marveled at Stone’s natural beauty.
- Stone’s color varied depending on its type.
- Stone’s durability made it suitable for construction.
- Stone’s value increased due to its rarity.
- The archaeologist discovered an ancient Stone’s inscription.
Plural Possessive of Stone
The plural possessive form of “Stone” is “Stones'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Stone:
- The mason used different stones’ sizes for the wall.
- We admired the arrangement of the stones’ in the pathway.
- Stones’ colors varied from gray to brown.
- The architect selected the stones’ based on their texture.
- We examined the stones’ patterns in the mosaic.
- Stones’ weight required special equipment for lifting.
- The wall displayed the skilled craftsmanship of the stones’ masonry.
- Stones’ formations showed the geological history of the area.
- The garden featured various types of stones’ for landscaping.
- The jewelry store showcased different cuts of stones’.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 05:17 pm