Meaning: an individual animal, plant, piece of a mineral
Plural of Specimen
Synonyms of Specimen
Specimen as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- I examined the specimen under the microscope to identify its cellular structure.
- The museum displayed a rare specimen of a dinosaur skeleton.
- The biologist collected various specimens of plants from the rainforest.
- The archaeologist carefully excavated the ancient pottery specimen from the site.
- The entomologist studied the insect specimen to determine its species.
- The geologist analyzed the rock specimen to determine its composition and age.
- The pathologist examined the tissue specimen to diagnose the disease.
- The botanist preserved a specimen of a new flower species for further study.
- The paleontologist uncovered a fossilized specimen of a prehistoric marine creature.
- The ornithologist captured a specimen of a rare bird species for conservation research.
Specimen as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The museum has an impressive collection of specimens from various bird species.
- The biologist carefully studied the specimens of plant leaves under a microscope.
- The archaeologist excavated ancient pottery specimens from the dig site.
- The entomologist collected several specimens of beetles for her research project.
- The paleontologist discovered a well-preserved dinosaur specimen in the fossil bed.
- The botanist pressed and preserved specimens of flowers in a plant herbarium.
- The geologist examined rock specimens to determine their composition and age.
- The medical laboratory received blood specimens for analysis and diagnosis.
- The herpetologist studied live specimens of snakes to better understand their behavior.
- The zoologist studied specimens of marine life found during deep-sea exploration.
Singular Possessive of Specimen
The singular possessive form of “Specimen” is “Specimen’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Specimen
- The scientist analyzed Specimen’s DNA for research.
- We labeled Specimen’s container with the date.
- The microscope revealed the details of Specimen’s structure.
- Specimen’s characteristics fascinated the biologist.
- The preservation method affected Specimen’s integrity.
- The lab technician noted down Specimen’s properties.
- Specimen’s contribution to the study was significant.
- The museum displayed Specimen’s fossils for public viewing.
- We studied Specimen’s behavior in its natural habitat.
- The researcher documented the findings about Specimen’s habitat.
Plural Possessive of Specimen
The plural possessive form of “Specimen” is “Specimens'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Specimen
- The lab stored all the Specimens’ samples in the freezer.
- We collected various Specimens’ shells from the beach.
- The researchers studied the migration patterns of multiple Specimens’.
- Specimens’ genetic variations were analyzed for the study.
- The scientists examined the similarities among different Specimens’.
- The museum displayed a collection of rare Specimens’.
- We photographed the diversity of Specimens’ colors.
- The team documented the habitats of different Specimens’ species.
- The scientists compared the behaviors of various Specimens’.
- The researchers discussed the implications of the study on multiple Specimens’.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 08:10 pm