Meaning: a wheel with a grooved rim
Singular and Plural of Pulley
Pulley as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- Mechanic replaced damaged pulley in engine.
- Old pulley squeaked while turning conveyor belt.
- Weight lifted effortlessly with help of pulley.
- Pulley’s design allowed for smooth movement.
- Rope wrapped around pulley provided advantage.
- Engineer adjusted tension on pulley system.
- Smooth surface reduced friction on pulley.
- Factory worker inspected drive pulley’s alignment.
- Heavy load lifted using single pulley.
- Pulley secured to shaft during installation process.
Pulley as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- Factory ordered new pulleys for assembly line.
- System had multiple interconnected pulleys.
- Workers adjusted tension on drive belt pulleys.
- Maintenance team replaced worn-out pulleys.
- Technician lubricated bearings of rotating pulleys.
- Conveyor system had high-capacity pulleys.
- Engineers redesigned layout of overhead pulleys.
- Belt ran smoothly over connected pulleys.
- Factory invested in state-of-the-art composite material pulleys.
- Installation required aligning and tensioning new pulleys.
Singular Possessive of Pulley
The singular possessive form of “Pulley” is “Pulley’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Pulley:
- The mechanic fixed pulley’s malfunction.
- The weight was attached to pulley’s hook.
- Pulley’s design allowed for efficient movement.
- The rope passed through pulley’s groove smoothly.
- The engineer inspected pulley’s condition for any damage.
- We should lubricate pulley’s bearings regularly.
- The construction worker adjusted pulley’s position.
- The system relied on pulley’s mechanical advantage.
- Pulley’s rotation facilitated the lifting process.
- The experiment tested pulley’s efficiency.
Plural Possessive of Pulley
The plural possessive form of “Pulley” is “Pulleys'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Pulley:
- The mechanics inspected the condition of the pulleys’.
- The assembly required the alignment of multiple pulleys’.
- We should secure the ropes to the pulleys’ hooks.
- The maintenance crew lubricated the bearings of the pulleys’.
- The design optimized the performance of the interconnected pulleys’.
- The experiment measured the efficiency of different types of pulleys’.
- The factory produced high-quality pulleys’ for industrial use.
- The pulley system enhanced the lifting capabilities of the pulleys’.
- The engineers conducted stress tests on the pulleys’ durability.
- The team installed new pulleys’ to improve the system’s efficiency.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 6th, 2023 at 03:33 pm