Meaning: an animal that is hunted
Singular and Plural of Prey
Prey as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The prey cautiously approached the watering hole.
- The lion stalked its prey in the tall grass.
- The cheetah sprinted after its fleeing prey.
- The hawk swooped down from the sky to catch its prey.
- The snake silently slithered toward its unsuspecting prey.
- The spider patiently waited for its trapped prey.
- The hunter tracked the footprints of his elusive prey.
- The predator pounced on its wounded prey.
- The eagle soared high above, scanning for potential prey.
- The cat stealthily approached the bird as its potential prey.
Prey as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The lions in the savannah hunted different preys for survival.
- The cheetahs chased down their fast-running preys.
- The wolves worked together to bring down larger preys.
- The sharks in the ocean searched for schools of fish as their preys.
- The birds of prey soared above, scanning for potential preys.
- The spiders spun webs to trap unsuspecting preys.
- The snakes in the jungle hunted various small preys.
- The pack of hyenas feasted on the carcasses of their preys.
- The eagles dived to catch fish as their primary preys.
- The vultures circled above, waiting for their deceased preys.
Singular Possessive of Prey:
The singular possessive form of “Prey” is “Prey’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Prey:
- The prey’s struggle for survival was intense.
- The eagle swooped down and caught its prey’s tail.
- The lion devoured the prey’s remains hungrily.
- The hunter celebrated his successful capture by displaying the prey’s head.
- The cheetah’s speed allowed it to outpace its prey’s escape.
- The snake constricted tightly around its prey’s body.
- The spider spun a web to trap its unsuspecting prey’s.
- The shark attacked its prey’s vulnerable underbelly.
- The owl silently observed its prey’s every move.
- The wolf’s sharp teeth sank into its prey’s flesh.
Plural Possessive of Prey:
The plural possessive form of “Prey” is “Preys'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Prey:
- The lions’ roar echoed through the preys’ territory.
- The wolves’ pack hunted together, sharing their preys’ spoils.
- The predators’ eyes locked onto their preys’ fleeing figures.
- The hunters tracked the preys’ footprints through the forest.
- The vultures circled above, waiting for the preys’ demise.
- The ecosystem relied on the balance between the preys’ and predators’ populations.
- The hyenas scavenged the preys’ remains after the lions had their fill.
- The cheetahs’ agility allowed them to swiftly capture their preys’.
- The snakes slithered silently, searching for their preys’ hiding places.
- The falcons soared high in the sky, scanning for their preys’ movement.
Explore More Nouns Below:
Last updated on June 6th, 2023 at 01:20 pm