Meaning: a device consisting of a circular canopy, used during rain
Plural of Umbrella
Umbrella as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- I left my umbrella at home and got soaked.
- She opened her umbrella to shield herself from the rain.
- The wind flipped my umbrella inside out.
- He found a forgotten umbrella in the lost and found.
- Can you hold my umbrella while I tie my shoelaces?
- The colorful umbrella stood out in the crowd.
- The umbrella provided much-needed shade on a sunny day.
- She twirled her umbrella as she walked down the street.
- The child used a small umbrella to protect their ice cream.
- The beachgoers huddled under their umbrellas during the storm.
Umbrella as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The beach was dotted with colorful umbrellas.
- They bought new umbrellas for the entire family.
- The gusty wind blew away the beachgoers’ umbrellas.
- The street vendors sold a variety of stylish umbrellas.
- The park was filled with people carrying their umbrellas.
- The cafe had a stand where customers could borrow umbrellas.
- The hotel provided complimentary umbrellas to its guests.
- The tourists snapped photos of the striped beach umbrellas.
- The couple strolled hand in hand, each holding an umbrella.
- They lost their umbrellas during the sudden downpour.
Singular Possessive of Umbrella
The singular possessive form of “Umbrella” is “Umbrella’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Umbrella:
- I borrowed Umbrella’s sturdy handle.
- Umbrella’s fabric protected me from rain.
- The wind blew Umbrella’s canopy inside out.
- I admired Umbrella’s elegant design.
- Umbrella’s color matched my outfit.
- The label read Umbrella’s manufacturer.
- I closed Umbrella’s mechanism with a click.
- Umbrella’s size was perfect for me.
- I held Umbrella’s grip tightly.
- Umbrella’s pattern stood out in the crowd.
Plural Possessive of Umbrella
The plural possessive form of “Umbrella” is “Umbrellas'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Umbrella:
- The store displayed different umbrellas’ colors.
- I saw the umbrellas’ canopies protecting people.
- The wind turned the umbrellas’ inside out.
- I counted the umbrellas’ handles at the entrance.
- The raindrops dripped off the umbrellas’ fabric.
- I noticed the variety of umbrellas’ patterns.
- The group carried their umbrellas’ with them.
- I hung the wet umbrellas’ in the stand.
- The park was dotted with people’s umbrellas’.
- The beach was filled with colorful umbrellas’.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 07:15 pm