10 Examples Of Prepositional Phrases in Sentences! Welcome to my blog, where we will explore the fascinating world of prepositional phrases. Prepositional phrases are a crucial part of the English language, providing context and detail to our sentences. They consist of a preposition, followed by a noun or pronoun (known as the object of the preposition), and often include other modifiers as well.
In this blog post, we will look at 10 examples of prepositional phrases in sentences. Whether you’re a student learning English as a second language, a writer looking to improve your prose, or just someone who loves language, this post is for you. So let’s dive in and explore the world of prepositional phrases!
10 Examples Of Prepositional Phrases
Below are 10 examples of prepositional phrases:
- On the top of the hill
- In front of the mirror
- Under the bridge
- Between the trees
- Across the street
- Inside the building
- Without any help
- Along the riverbank
- With a smile on her face
- At the end of the day
Examples Of Prepositional Phrases in Sentences
- On the top of the hill, there was a magnificent view of the city.
- She admires herself in front of the mirror every morning.
- The troll lives under the bridge and scares away all the travelers.
- The picnic blanket was placed between the trees for shade.
- I always park my car across the street from the coffee shop.
- Inside the building, there were many art galleries to explore.
- He completed the project without any help from his colleagues.
- We took a stroll along the riverbank and watched the sunset.
- She greeted her guests with a smile on her face and welcomed them into her home.
- At the end of the day, we all gathered around the campfire to share stories.
Must Read: 20 Examples of Prepositional Phrases
Last updated on April 3rd, 2023 at 04:59 pm