Meaning: feel or express a strong desire
Singular and Plural of wish
Wish as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- I made a wish upon a shooting star.
- Her one wish was to travel the world.
- He closed his eyes and made a silent wish.
- My childhood wish was to become an astronaut.
- The genie granted his deepest wish.
- She blew out the candles and made a wish.
- A shooting star is said to grant a wish.
- He made a wish before blowing out the birthday candles.
- I have one final wish before I die.
- The fairy godmother granted Cinderella’s wish.
Wish as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- I have so many wishes for the future.
- They wrote their wishes on slips of paper.
- The children shared their Christmas wishes with Santa.
- We all have hopes and wishes for the new year.
- They made their wishes known to the universe.
- The fountain is known for granting people’s wishes.
- She blew out the candles, surrounded by family and wishes.
- The Make-A-Wish Foundation fulfills children’s wishes.
- Their birthday celebration was filled with presents and wishes.
- The starry sky inspired them to dream big and have wishes.
Singular Possessive of Wish
The singular possessive form of “Wish” is “Wish’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Wish:
- I saw Wish’s car parked outside the mall.
- The book is Wish’s favorite possession.
- The responsibility of the project falls on Wish’s shoulders.
- Wish’s dream was to travel the world.
- The success of the business depends on Wish’s decisions.
- Everyone admired Wish’s beautiful garden.
- Wish’s voice echoed through the auditorium.
- The painting on the wall is Wish’s creation.
- Wish’s determination led them to victory.
- We celebrated Wish’s birthday with a surprise party.
Plural Possessive of Wish
The plural possessive form of “Wish” is “Wishes'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Wish:
- I invited all of my friends to wishes’ party.
- The company considered wishes’ opinions before making a decision.
- Wishes’ dreams came true one by one.
- We admired wishes’ dedication to their craft.
- The team celebrated wishes’ victory with joy.
- Wishes’ efforts were rewarded with success.
- The students followed wishes’ instructions carefully.
- We listened to wishes’ stories with great interest.
- Wishes’ aspirations inspired others to aim higher.
- The committee considered wishes’ suggestions for improvement.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 10:56 am