Meaning: a colourless, transparent, odourless liquid
Plural of Water
Water as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The crystal-clear water reflected the blue sky.
- She poured a glass of refreshing cold water.
- The boat gently glided through the calm water.
- The swimmer dived into the sparkling water.
- The hot summer sun evaporated the puddle of water.
- The water in the lake appeared to be turquoise.
- The hiker drank from a natural spring of fresh water.
- The raindrops fell, quenching the thirst of the dry earth.
- The water droplets clung to the petals of the flower.
- The scientist studied the chemical composition of water.
Water as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The explorers navigated through treacherous waters.
- The river swelled with the heavy rains, creating dangerous waters.
- The ocean’s vast waters held many mysteries.
- The sailors encountered rough and choppy waters during the storm.
- The boat gracefully sailed across the calm waters.
- The fishermen cast their nets into the teeming waters.
- The map displayed the different depths of the ocean waters.
- The cruise ship offered panoramic views of the open waters.
- The beach was crowded with people enjoying the warm waters.
- The waters of the lake were teeming with colorful fish.
Singular Possessive of Water
The singular possessive form of “Water” is “Water’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Water:
- The purity of the water’s source was essential.
- The transparency of the water’s color indicated its quality.
- The taste of the water’s minerals added uniqueness.
- Be mindful of the temperature of the water’s source.
- The sound of flowing water’s was soothing.
- The quality of the water’s filtration determined its safety.
- The water’s clarity depended on the absence of impurities.
- The water’s presence attracted various species of wildlife.
- The water’s flow rate influenced its usability.
- The water’s scarcity posed a challenge for the community.
Plural Possessive of Water
The plural possessive form of “Water” is “Waters'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Water:
- The waters’ depths varied across the ocean.
- The colors of the different waters’ reflected their composition.
- The tastes of the mineral-rich waters’ were distinct.
- Be cautious of the currents in the deep waters’.
- The sounds of the crashing waters’ were powerful.
- The qualities of the filtered waters’ ensured purity.
- The clarity of the waters’ indicated their cleanliness.
- The waters’ ecosystems supported diverse marine life.
- The waters’ flow patterns influenced navigation routes.
- The scarcity of clean drinking waters’ affected communities.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 08:24 pm