Meaning of Box is
a container with a flat base and sides.
Singular and Plural of Box
Box as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- He packed his belongings into a cardboard box.
- She received a package in the mail and opened the box excitedly.
- The jewelry was carefully stored in a velvet-lined box.
- The delivery person dropped the box off at the front door.
- She placed the fragile vase in a sturdy wooden box.
- The shoe store displayed its merchandise in transparent plastic boxes.
- He organized his paperwork in a stackable file box.
- The gift came in an elegantly wrapped box with a bow.
- The lost and found department kept a collection of unclaimed boxes.
- The pizza arrived in a square cardboard box.
Box as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- They packed their belongings into several cardboard boxes.
- The movers loaded the heavy furniture into the moving boxes.
- The warehouse stored the merchandise in stacks of wooden boxes.
- She labeled the storage boxes to easily identify their contents.
- The children played with empty cardboard boxes, creating forts.
- They received a shipment of product boxes at the loading dock.
- The store offered a discount for purchasing multiple shoe boxes.
- She unpacked the moving boxes and organized the items in their new home.
- The office had a designated area for recycling cardboard boxes.
- They donated their old books by filling up several large boxes.
Singular Possessive of Box
The singular possessive form of “Box” is “Box’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Box:
- I found a gift inside Box’s lid.
- The weight of Box’s contents surprised me.
- Box’s dimensions are listed on the label.
- The color of Box’s ribbon matches the wrapping.
- The lock on Box’s front is broken.
- Box’s cardboard is sturdy and thick.
- I wrote my name on Box’s side.
- Box’s handle snapped off during transport.
- Box’s top is slightly dented.
- She wrapped Box’s edges with tape.
Plural Possessive of Box
The plural possessive form of “Box” is “Boxes'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Box:
- Boxes’ contents were carefully packed.
- She labeled all the Boxes’ destinations.
- The weight of the Boxes’ shipments exceeded the limit.
- Boxes’ corners were reinforced with extra tape.
- She stacked the Boxes’ neatly in the corner.
- The handles on the Boxes’ sides are sturdy.
- Boxes’ sizes vary from small to large.
- The color of the Boxes’ lids matches the packaging.
- Boxes’ labels indicate their fragility.
- She arranged the Boxes’ shapes to fit perfectly.
Explore More Nouns Below:
Last updated on June 6th, 2023 at 07:18 am