What does Tobacco Mean?
Tobacco is a plant primarily grown for its leaves, which are dried and processed for smoking, chewing, or snuff. It contains nicotine, a stimulant that can lead to addiction.
Slang Words for Tobacco
Here is the list of slang words for Tobacco with meanings:
- Dip: Moist, ground tobacco, chewed.
- Chew: Chewing tobacco, placed between cheek and gum.
- Snuff: Fine-ground tobacco inhaled or “dipped”.
- Smokes: Cigarettes in general.
- Stogies: Typically refers to cigars.
- Cancer Stick: Slang for a cigarette.
- Squares: Another term for cigarettes.
- Rags: Rolling tobacco.
- Loosey: Single, sold cigarette.
- Bogey: Slang term for a cigarette.
- Stogie: Another term for a cigar.
- Pinch: A small amount of chew.
- Snus: Smokeless tobacco, placed under lip.
- Plug: Solid block of chewing tobacco.
- Nails: Derogatory term for cigarettes.
- Butts: Refers to cigarette ends.
- Gar: Short for cigar.
- Vape: Electronic alternative to smoking.
- Juul: Brand of e-cigarette.
- Stick: Referring to a single cigarette.
- Rollie: Hand-rolled cigarette.
- Durry: Australian slang for a cigarette.
- Fag: British slang for cigarette.
- Puff: A casual term for a cigarette.
- Baccy: Informal term for tobacco.
- Chaw: Another term for chewing tobacco.
- Tailor: Factory-made cigarette.
- Burner: Slang for cigarette.
- Gasper: Old slang for a cigarette.
- Wacky Baccy: Slang for marijuana, sometimes mixed with tobacco.
Use of Tobacco Slang in Example Sentences
Below are example sentences using the slang term of Tobacco:
- He offered me some dip at the party.
- Ever tried chew while watching baseball?
- She took a pinch of snuff discreetly.
- Got any spare smokes for the night?
- I enjoy stogies on special occasions.
- Quitting those cancer sticks improved my health.
- He bought a pack of squares downtown.
- She rolls her own with rags now.
- He bought a loosey from the corner shop.
- Can I bum a bogey off you?
- He lit a stogie after dinner.
- He took a pinch and sat back.
- I’ve switched from snuff to snus recently.
- That plug of tobacco lasts him days.
- Smoking those nails won’t do you good.
- The street was littered with cigarette butts.
- Let’s light up a gar to celebrate.
- I switched to a vape for health.
- She uses a Juul instead of cigarettes.
- Pass me that stick, please.
- He smokes rollies to save money.
- Pass me a durry, mate.
- Could I get a light for this fag?
- I need a quick puff before work.
- Bought some baccy for my grandfather.
- My uncle still prefers his chaw.
- He smokes tailor brands, not rollies.
- Lighting a burner calms his nerves.
- Grandpa called his old cigarettes gaspers.
- He mistakenly bought wacky baccy at the festival.
Explore More Slang Words: