Meaning: a gesture, action, or sound
Plural of Signal
Synonyms of Signal
Signal as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The traffic signal turned from red to green.
- She caught a glimpse of the approaching train signal.
- The captain received a distress signal from the stranded ship.
- The lighthouse emitted a bright signal to guide ships at night.
- The cyclist obeyed the signal at the intersection.
- The hiker used a flashlight as a signal for help.
- The radio operator intercepted a mysterious signal from space.
- The lifeguard blew the whistle as a warning signal.
- The semaphore system used flags for visual signals.
- The airport tower controlled the aircraft movements with light signals.
Signal as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The sailor deciphered the Morse code signals with ease.
- The military used smoke signals to communicate across distances.
- The radios transmitted encrypted signals for secure communication.
- The satellites received and relayed numerous signals from Earth.
- The scouts exchanged hand signals during their covert mission.
- The lighthouse emitted powerful signals visible from afar.
- The radar detected multiple incoming signals.
- The cryptographers decoded the intercepted enemy signals.
- The telecommunications tower transmitted wireless signals across the city.
- The wireless headphones picked up interference from nearby signals.
Singular Possessive of Signal
The singular possessive form of “Signal” is “Signal’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Signal:
- The Signal’s intensity determines its visibility.
- Please analyze the Signal’s frequency and wavelength.
- The Signal’s transmission strength can be adjusted.
- We need to decode the Signal’s encoded information.
- The Signal’s origin can be traced to the source.
- The Signal’s significance in communication cannot be underestimated.
- The Signal’s timing is crucial for synchronization.
- Engineers studied the Signal’s propagation characteristics.
- The Signal’s reception quality depends on external factors.
- The Signal’s role in information exchange is vital.
Plural Possessive of Signal
The plural possessive form of “Signal” is “Signals'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Signal:
- The signals’ intensities determine their visibility.
- Please analyze the signals’ frequencies and wavelengths.
- The signals’ transmission strengths can be adjusted.
- We need to decode the signals’ encoded information.
- The signals’ origins can be traced to their sources.
- The signals’ significance in communication is paramount.
- The signals’ timings are crucial for synchronization.
- Engineers studied the signals’ propagation characteristics.
- The signals’ reception qualities depend on external factors.
- The signals’ roles in information exchange are essential.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 05:22 pm