Meaning: the state of being safe
Singular and Plural of Refuge
Refuge as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The hikers sought refuge in a cave during the storm.
- The abandoned cabin provided a safe refuge from the cold.
- The lost dog found refuge under a tree in the park.
- The small island served as a refuge for migrating birds.
- The monastery was a peaceful refuge for the monks.
- The homeless man sought refuge in a cardboard box.
- The ancient ruins provided a glimpse into the lives of those seeking refuge.
- The traveler found refuge in a roadside inn for the night.
- The garden served as a refuge for butterflies and bees.
- The library became her refuge from the noise and chaos of the city.
Refuge as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The flood victims were provided temporary refuges in shelters.
- The war forced thousands of people to flee and seek refuges.
- The park created several wildlife refuges to protect endangered species.
- The organization established multiple refuges for victims of domestic violence.
- The government provided financial support for the construction of new refuges.
- The storm survivors found safety in different refuges across the region.
- The city allocated resources to improve existing refuges for the homeless.
- The conservationists worked tirelessly to preserve natural refuges.
- The organization aimed to create safe refuges for abused animals.
- The town opened its doors to refugees, providing them with temporary refuges.
Singular Possessive of Refuge
The singular possessive form of “Refuge” is “Refuge’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Refuge:
- The hiker sought shelter in the refuge’s cabin.
- I visited the refuge’s visitor center for information.
- The park ranger explained the refuge’s conservation efforts.
- The animals found safety in the refuge’s protected habitat.
- We admired the natural beauty of the refuge’s surroundings.
- The volunteers maintained the cleanliness of the refuge’s trails.
- The refuge’s wildlife population thrived due to conservation measures.
- The researcher studied the refuge’s ecological balance.
- The visitors enjoyed the tranquility of the refuge’s landscape.
- The refuge’s staff provided educational programs for visitors.
Plural Possessive of Refuge
The plural possessive form of “Refuge” is “Refuges'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Refuge:
- The refuges’ ecosystems support diverse plant and animal species.
- We explored the refuges’ hiking trails during our vacation.
- The conservationists monitored the refuges’ environmental changes.
- The birds sought shelter in the refuges’ wetland habitats.
- We learned about the importance of preserving the refuges’ biodiversity.
- The refuges’ landscapes provided a haven for endangered species.
- Researchers studied the migratory patterns of animals within the refuges’ boundaries.
- The government funded the restoration projects in the refuges’ ecosystems.
- The visitors appreciated the natural beauty of the refuges’ surroundings.
- The refuges’ management plans focused on sustainability and protection.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 08:43 am