Meaning of Bay
The meaning of Bay is a broad inlet of the sea where the land curves inwards.
Singular and Plural of Bay, Bays in English
Synonyms of Bay
Bay as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The sailboat glided across the calm bay.
- They enjoyed a peaceful picnic by the picturesque bay.
- The photographer captured a stunning sunset over the bay.
- The tranquil bay offered a perfect spot for fishing.
- The coastal town was nestled by a beautiful bay.
- The captain docked the yacht in the protected bay.
- The beach was located on the other side of the bay.
- The small boat bobbed gently in the sheltered bay.
- The map indicated the location of the secluded bay.
- The couple strolled hand in hand along the sandy bay.
Bay as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The bays along the coastline provided shelter for boats.
- The cruise ship visited multiple scenic bays during the voyage.
- The group of friends explored the hidden bays by kayak.
- The beaches adjacent to the bays offered pristine white sand.
- The tour guide pointed out the various marine life inhabiting the coral bays.
- The bayfront restaurants offered stunning views of the surrounding bays.
- The region was famous for its breathtakingly beautiful bays.
- The sailing regatta took place in one of the largest natural bays.
- The coastal drive showcased a series of picturesque bays.
- The vacation resort was nestled between two idyllic bays.
Singular Possessive of Bay:
The singular possessive form of “Bay” is “Bay’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Bay:
- The ship was named after the captain, Bay’s Pride.
- The fisherman relied on bay’s calm waters.
- The kayaker explored the beauty of bay’s shoreline.
- The sailor anchored their boat in bay’s harbor.
- The locals cherished bay’s tranquility.
- The historian researched the legends surrounding bay’s history.
- The artist captured the essence of bay’s sunset.
- The town’s residents took pride in bay’s natural beauty.
- The birdwatcher observed the diverse wildlife in bay’s ecosystem.
- The lighthouse guided ships safely into bay’s entrance.
Plural Possessive of Bay:
The plural possessive form of “Bay” is “Bays'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Bay:
- The coastal region was dotted with many bays’ charms.
- The sailors navigated the bays’ treacherous waters.
- The vacationers enjoyed exploring the beauty of the bays’ coastline.
- The ecologists studied the ecosystem of the bays’ marine life.
- The developers planned to build resorts along the bays’ shores.
- The fishermen’s livelihood depended on the bays’ abundant fish.
- The environmentalists advocated for the protection of the bays’ habitats.
- The kayakers paddled through the serene waters of the bays’ inlets.
- The photographers captured stunning images of the bays’ panoramic views.
- The locals took pride in preserving the natural integrity of the bays’ environment.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 6th, 2023 at 04:23 pm