Meaning: a cemetery, a large one belonging to the ancient city
Singular and Plural of Necropolis
Necropolis as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The necropolis contained ancient burial sites.
- Archaeologists discovered a hidden necropolis.
- Tour guide explained history of the necropolis.
- Entrance to the necropolis had large statues.
- Pharaoh’s tomb was located within necropolis.
- We explored eerie atmosphere of ancient necropolis.
- Inscriptions on tombstones in necropolis revealed stories.
- Necropolis was a significant archaeological discovery.
- Restoration efforts aimed to preserve necropolis.
- The necropolis showcased hauntingly beautiful ancient burials.
Necropolis as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- Archaeologists excavated multiple ancient necropolises.
- Ancient civilization had several grand necropolises.
- We explored vast network of interconnected necropolises.
- Tombs in necropolises contained precious artifacts.
- Necropolises provided insights into ancient burial practices.
- Visitors marveled at scale of ancient necropolises.
- Guided tour covered multiple necropolises in area.
- Archaeologists studied architecture of different necropolises.
- Necropolises held secrets of the past.
- Excavation team uncovered numerous tombs in necropolises.
Singular Possessive of Necropolis
The singular possessive form of “Necropolis” is “Necropolis’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Necropolis:
- Necropolis’s ancient tombs revealed rich historical information.
- The grandeur of Necropolis’s architecture impressed archaeologists.
- Necropolis’s eerie silence added to the sense of mystery.
- The preservation of Necropolis’s artifacts required careful conservation methods.
- Necropolis’s elaborate burial rituals reflected cultural traditions.
- The exploration of Necropolis’s catacombs uncovered hidden chambers.
- Necropolis’s ancient inscriptions provided insight into past civilizations.
- The significance of Necropolis’s religious sites attracted pilgrims from afar.
- Necropolis’s intricate carvings depicted scenes of life and afterlife.
- Necropolis’s archaeological discoveries shed light on ancient burial practices.
Plural Possessive of Necropolis
The plural possessive form of “Necropolis” is “Necropolises'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Necropolis:
- Necropolises’ ancient ruins held centuries of history within their walls.
- The vastness of Necropolises’ necropoleis fascinated archaeologists.
- Necropolises’ ornate sarcophagi showcased exquisite craftsmanship.
- The preservation of Necropolises’ burial grounds required ongoing efforts.
- Necropolises’ diverse funerary practices reflected cultural diversity.
- The exploration of Necropolises’ underground chambers revealed hidden treasures.
- Necropolises’ intricate mausoleums stood as tributes to the deceased.
- The significance of Necropolises’ ossuaries attracted researchers from around the world.
- Necropolises’ architectural styles varied across different regions.
- Necropolises’ historical importance made them UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 04:17 am