Meaning: matter from which a thing is or can be made
Singular and Plural of Material
Material as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The designer chose a luxurious material for the dress.
- The artist used an interesting material to create the sculpture.
- The engineer tested the strength of the building material.
- The chef prepared a dish with a special material.
- The tailor examined the fabric’s material before cutting.
- The archaeologist analyzed the ancient pottery material.
- The astronaut wore a protective suit made of advanced material.
- The historian studied the written material from that era.
- The scientist discovered a new synthetic material.
- The decorator selected a durable material for the flooring.
Material as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The workers unloaded the building materials from the truck.
- The construction site had piles of different materials.
- The artist collected various artistic materials for the project.
- The students needed to gather their research materials.
- The architect specified the eco-friendly materials for the house.
- The carpenter organized his woodworking materials.
- The seamstress sorted the sewing materials in her studio.
- The scientists analyzed the chemical composition of the raw materials.
- The museum displayed ancient artifacts and historical materials.
- The gardener gathered organic materials for composting.
Singular Possessive of Material
The singular possessive form of “Material” is “Material’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Material:
- The value of the material’s durability was undeniable.
- She admired the craftsmanship of the material’s design.
- The artist showcased the material’s versatility in her work.
- The researcher analyzed the properties of the material’s surface.
- He appreciated the texture of the material’s fabric.
- The scientist studied the material’s composition under the microscope.
- The writer explored the cultural significance of the material’s origins.
- The architect marveled at the material’s structural integrity.
- The company invested in the material’s production for its products.
- The designer carefully considered the color palette of the material’s print.
Plural Possessive of Material
The plural possessive form of “Material” is “Materials'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Material:
- The values of the materials’ durability were undeniable.
- She admired the craftsmanship of the materials’ designs.
- The artists showcased the materials’ versatility in their works.
- The researchers analyzed the properties of the materials’ surfaces.
- He appreciated the textures of the materials’ fabrics.
- The scientists studied the materials’ compositions under the microscope.
- The writers explored the cultural significance of the materials’ origins.
- The architects marveled at the materials’ structural integrity.
- The company invested in the materials’ production for its various products.
- The designers carefully considered the color palettes of the materials’ prints.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 12:28 pm