Meaning: an instrument composed of a blade fixed into a handle
Plural of Knife
Knife as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- He used a sharp knife to slice the bread.
- The chef skillfully handled the kitchen knife.
- The surgeon carefully wielded the scalpel knife.
- I need a butter knife to spread the jam.
- The hunter carried a hunting knife in his belt.
- The chef sharpened his knife before starting to cook.
- The camper packed a Swiss Army knife for the trip.
- She accidentally cut her finger with the kitchen knife.
- The samurai drew his katana knife with lightning speed.
- He carved intricate designs with a wood carving knife.
Knife as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- They used their knives to cut the vegetables.
- The chefs prepared the ingredients with their knives.
- The soldiers carried their combat knives for protection.
- The kitchen was stocked with various types of knives.
- He collects antique knives from different time periods.
- The hunters cleaned the animals using their knives.
- The knife handles were made of polished wood.
- The chef’s knives were neatly organized on the magnetic strip.
- The craftsmen crafted beautiful knives from Damascus steel.
- The set of steak knives was a wedding gift.
Singular Possessive of Knife
The singular possessive form of “Knife” is “Knife’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Knife:
- I borrowed Knife’s sharp blade for cooking.
- The handle of Knife’s broke off.
- Clean Knife’s blade after each use.
- Knife’s edge is finely sharpened.
- I can see my reflection in Knife’s polished surface.
- Knife’s handle is made of wood.
- Knife’s sheath is made of leather.
- Knife’s weight is perfectly balanced.
- Knife’s blade glinted under the sunlight.
- The chef praised Knife’s exceptional quality.
Plural Possessive of Knife
The plural possessive form of “Knife” is “Knives'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Knife:
- I need to sharpen the knives’ blades.
- Knives’ handles are made of stainless steel.
- The chef carefully arranged the knives’ display.
- Knives’ edges need to be honed regularly.
- The sound of clinking knives’ echoed in the kitchen.
- Knives’ sheaths are designed for safe storage.
- I can’t find one of the knives’ sharpening stones.
- The set of knives’ price was reasonable.
- The weight of the knives’ handles is comfortable to hold.
- The chef’s collection of knives’ impressed everyone.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 09:26 pm