Future Continuous Tense
Future continuous tense shows that the action will be continuous in the future. The first form of the verb is used with the addition of ing. ( 1st form + ing)“. “will be” and “shall be” are the helping verbs. “ will be “ is used with you, he, she, it, they, and all nouns. “shall be” is used with I and us only.
(will be, shall be) are used as helping verbs. And 1st form of a verb is used in addition to (ing). Or we can say that the fourth form of a verb is used. 1st form of verb + ing also known as the fourth form of the verb.
Sub + helping verb ( will be, shall be) + 1st form of verb + ing + object.
- I shall be taking a bath.
- Girls will be clapping and dancing.
- Boys will be making noise.
- He will be riding a horse.
- Many students will be participating in sports.
- You will be playing.
- We shall be listening to a story.
- She will be making tea.
- I shall be playing football.
- They will be working hard.
Negative of Future Continuous Tense
When we have to make negative sentences, we use not after (will, shall) and before be.
Subject + helping verb ( will, shall) + not + be + 1st form of verb + ing + object.
- I shall not be taking a bath.
- Girls will not be clapping and dancing.
- Boys will not be making noise.
- He will not be riding a horse.
- Many students will not be participating in sports.
- You will not be playing.
- We shall not be listening to a story.
- She will not be making tea.
- I shall not be playing football.
- They will not be working hard.
In the case of interrogative sentences, the helping verb (will, shall) is placed at the start of the sentence before the subject and be is placed after the subject. And a question mark is added at the end.
Helping verb ( will, shall) + Subject + be + 1st form of verb + ing + object + ?
- Shall I be taking bath?
- Will girls be clapping and dancing?
- Will boys be making noise?
- Will he be riding a horse?
- Will many of students be participating in sports?
- Will you be playing?
- will we be listening to a story?
- Will she be making tea?
- Shall I be playing football?
- Will they be working hard?
Future Continous Tense Table
|Helping Verbs||(will be, shall be)|
|Form of Verb||(ing form)|
+ Affirmative Sentences
Sub + (will be, shall be) + ing form + object.
I + shall be + playing + cricket.
– Negative sentences
Sub + (will not, shall not) + be + ing form + object.
I + shall not + be + playing + cricket
? Interrogative Sentences
( will, shall) + Sub + be + ing form + object + ?
Shall + I + be + playing + cricket + ?
Future Continuous Tense Examples
- You will be shopping at that market tomorrow.
- Will you be going to the concert of realistic songs?
- We will be watching a movie in this Cineplex on next Friday.
- We will be shopping in that market this Monday.
- We will be going to enjoy the musical drama.
- They will be playing hockey in that field on Thursday.
- They will be playing football in that field.
- The poet will be writing a romantic poem for the program.
- The lyricist will be writing a realistic song for the film.
- Robin will be joining us at the meeting.
- Robert will be reading various kinds of books.
- Jeff will be traveling around the world in March.
- I will not be attending the program because of my busy schedule.
- I will be writing articles on different topics.
- I will be singing different kinds of songs, especially modern.
- I will be helping him to do the task.
- I will be attending a program of my varsity on Friday.
- I will be arranging all the necessary materials for the program.
- Bob will be going to the library.
- April will be having coffee in this coffee shop.
Download Pdf of all Twelve Tenses From Below
Present Indefinite Tense
Present continuous Tense
Present Perfect Tense
Present Perfect Continuous Tense
Past Indefinite Tense
Past continuous Tense
Past Perfect Tense
Past Perfect Continuous Tense
Future Indefinite Tense
Future continuous Tense
Future Perfect Tense
Download Future Continuous Tense Pdf