Meaning: combustion or burning.
Singular and Plural of Fire
Fire as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The fire crackled and warmed the room.
- The firefighters extinguished the blazing fire.
- He built a cozy fire in the fireplace.
- The smoke detectors alerted them to the presence of a fire.
- The smell of smoke filled the air during the forest fire.
- They gathered around the campfire and roasted marshmallows.
- The fire alarm rang loudly, signaling an evacuation.
- The arsonist was responsible for starting the fire.
- The fireman bravely entered the burning building to rescue trapped occupants.
- The fire destroyed the old wooden house.
Fire as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The firefighters worked tirelessly to extinguish the fires.
- The forest was engulfed in multiple fires due to dry conditions.
- The campers were instructed on how to safely build and maintain fires.
- The fire department dispatched several trucks to combat the spreading fires.
- The city experienced a surge in house fires during the winter season.
- The wildfires ravaged the countryside, destroying everything in their path.
- The heat from the fires was intense and unbearable.
- The firefighters battled multiple fires
- The smoke from the forest fires could be seen for miles.
- The community came together to support those affected by the devastating fires.
Singular Possessive of Fire
The singular possessive form of “Fire” is “Fire’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Fire:
- The heat from Fire’s flames warmed us.
- I could see the glow of Fire’s light in the distance.
- Fire’s crackling sound filled the quiet night.
- The smoke from Fire’s embers filled the air.
- We gathered around Fire’s warmth to tell stories.
- The smell of Fire’s smoke lingered in my clothes.
- Fire’s intensity can be mesmerizing to watch.
- Fire’s destructive power can be devastating.
- We roasted marshmallows over Fire’s glowing embers.
- The firefighters worked tirelessly to extinguish Fire’s flames.
Plural Possessive of Fire
The plural possessive form of “Fire” is “Fires'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Fire:
- The firefighters battled multiple fires’ fury.
- We could see the glow of the fires’ collective flames.
- The heat from the fires’ intensity was overwhelming.
- Fires’ smoke filled the entire neighborhood.
- The crackling sounds of the fires’ embers echoed through the forest.
- The firefighters’ efforts prevented the fires’ spread.
- The damage caused by the fires’ rampage was extensive.
- The firefighters quickly contained the fires’ reach.
- We witnessed the destruction caused by the fires’ path.
- The smell of the fires’ smoke hung in the air.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 10:12 pm