Meaning of Boy is
a male child or youth.
Singular and Plural of Boy
Boy as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The little boy played with his toy car.
- The boy ran across the field chasing a soccer ball.
- She read a bedtime story to the sleepy boy.
- The boy smiled as he received his birthday present.
- The boy was excited to start his first day of school.
- The boy held his mother’s hand as they crossed the street.
- The boy giggled as he blew bubbles with the soap.
- The boy dreamed of becoming a firefighter when he grew up.
- The boy helped his father fix the broken bicycle.
- The boy waved goodbye to his friends as they left.
Boy as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The group of boys played soccer in the park.
- The teacher divided the class into teams of boys and girls.
- The school bus dropped off the group of boys at their homes.
- The team of boys worked together to build a model airplane.
- The boys cheered loudly when their team scored a goal.
- The parents watched proudly as their boys performed in the play.
- The group of young boys explored the forest during their camping trip.
- The boys lined up for the school assembly in the gymnasium.
- The soccer coach trained the group of talented boys.
- The group of mischievous boys caused a commotion in the classroom.
Singular Possessive of Boy
The singular possessive form of “Boy” is “Boy’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Boy:
- The boy’s hat was left behind at the park.
- The teacher commended the boy’s progress in academics.
- The boy’s excitement was evident in his wide smile.
- The boy’s parents were proud of his achievements.
- The boy’s curiosity led him to explore new places.
- The teacher discussed the boy’s behavior with his parents.
- The boy’s backpack contained his school supplies.
- The boy’s determination to succeed was admirable.
- The teacher praised the boy’s artistic skills in drawing.
- The boy’s enthusiasm brightened the classroom atmosphere.
Plural Possessive of Boy
The plural possessive form of “Boy” is “Boys'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Boy:
- The boys’ laughter echoed through the playground.
- The teachers acknowledged the boys’ participation in sports.
- The parents admired the boys’ teamwork during the game.
- The boys’ curiosity led them to explore different hobbies.
- The teachers discussed the boys’ academic progress with their parents.
- The boys’ backpacks contained their books and supplies.
- The boys’ enthusiasm for learning was infectious.
- The boys’ dedication to practice paid off in the competition.
- The teachers encouraged the boys’ creativity in their projects.
- The boys’ friendship strengthened through shared experiences.
Explore More Nouns Below:
Last updated on June 6th, 2023 at 06:59 am