Meaning of Any
The meaning of Any is; used to refer to one or some of a thing or number of things, no matter how much or how many.
Singular and Plural of Any
The plural of Any is Any.
Any as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- He couldn’t find any evidence to support his claim.
- Is there any food left in the refrigerator?
- She didn’t receive any notification about the meeting.
- He didn’t have any money to buy a ticket.
- The box was empty; there wasn’t any item inside.
- They didn’t see any sign of life in the abandoned building.
- The hotel didn’t have any available rooms.
- She didn’t have any idea how to solve the problem.
- He couldn’t find any information about the historical event.
- They didn’t receive any response to their inquiry.
Any as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- Are there any questions from the audience?
- We don’t have any apples left in the basket.
- They didn’t see any birds in the park.
- The store didn’t have any jeans in my size.
- The team didn’t score any goals in the match.
- We didn’t receive any complaints from the customers.
- The teacher didn’t assign any homework for the weekend.
- They didn’t have any problems during their trip.
- We didn’t find any errors in the report.
- The survey didn’t yield any meaningful results.
Singular Possessive of Any
The singular possessive form of “Any” is “Any’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Any:
- I don’t have any’s contact information.
- The teacher checked if I did any’s homework.
- The chef prepared dinner without any’s help.
- The investigator couldn’t find any’s fingerprints at the crime scene.
- The supervisor didn’t approve any’s vacation request.
- The host welcomed us without any’s prior notice.
- The job didn’t require any’s special qualifications.
- The project manager relied on any’s input for decision-making.
- The author published the book under any’s name.
- The customer complained about any’s poor service.
Plural Possessive of Any
The plural possessive form of “Any” is “Anies'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Any:
- The teachers graded all of the students’ papers except Anies’.
- The group didn’t consider Anies’ suggestions for the project.
- The committee dismissed Anies’ concerns without discussion.
- The company implemented changes based on Anies’ feedback.
- The team acknowledged Anies’ contributions to the success.
- The survey collected data from all participants, including Anies’.
- The organization recognized Anies’ achievements at the award ceremony.
- The manager addressed Anies’ questions during the meeting.
- The report highlighted Anies’ opinions on the subject.
- The event organizers appreciated Anies’ involvement in planning.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 11:54 am