Meaning of Ally
The meaning of Ally is a state formally cooperating with another for a military or other purpose.
Singular and Plural of Ally
The plural of Ally is allies.
Ally as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- He considered her a loyal ally in his political campaign.
- The detective found an unexpected ally in his investigation.
- The diplomat sought the support of a powerful ally.
- The mentor became an important ally in her career development.
- The soldier relied on his ally for backup during the battle.
- The ally provided crucial information to help solve the case.
- The activist formed an alliance with a like-minded ally.
- The negotiator convinced the opposing party to become an ally.
- The writer found an ally in the editor who believed in the manuscript.
- The teacher became an ally for the struggling student.
Ally as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The allies joined forces to combat a common enemy.
- The country sought support from its international allies.
- The allies worked together to establish peace in the region.
- The team of allies coordinated their efforts for the mission.
- The politician formed a coalition with other allies.
- The allies shared intelligence to combat terrorism.
- The war would have a significant impact on the relations among the allies.
- The international community condemned the actions of the aggressor and stood with the allies.
- The allies coordinated humanitarian aid for the war-torn country.
- The meeting brought together leaders from different allies to discuss strategies.
Singular Possessive of Ally
The singular possessive form of “Ally” is “Ally’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Ally:
- My ally’s support helped me through tough times.
- We appreciate our ally’s contributions to the cause.
- The leader valued the ally’s loyalty and dedication.
- The success of the mission relied on our ally’s cooperation.
- I relied on my ally’s advice and guidance.
- The team celebrated the ally’s victory in the battle.
- The diplomat emphasized the importance of our ally’s trust.
- The general praised the ally’s military strategy.
- The treaty strengthened the bond between the two ally’s.
- The negotiations were conducted in close collaboration with our ally’s.
Plural Possessive of Ally
The plural possessive form of “Ally” is “Allies'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Ally:
- The allies’ combined forces achieved a decisive victory.
- Our allies’ commitment to the alliance is unwavering.
- The diplomats discussed the allies’ shared interests.
- The cooperation between the allies’ led to progress.
- The success of the operation depended on the allies’ coordination.
- The allies’ unity sent a powerful message.
- The leaders emphasized the importance of the allies’ support.
- The allies’ intelligence agencies shared crucial information.
- The joint effort of the allies’ brought stability to the region.
- The treaty recognized the rights and obligations of the allies’.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 6th, 2023 at 03:57 pm