Meaning of Rough: having an uneven or irregular surface
Comparative and Superlative Degree of Rough
Comparative degree of Rough is rougher, superlative degree of Rough is roughest.
Examples Using Positive Degree Of Rough:
- He used a rough towel to dry his hands.
- The cat’s rough tongue felt scratchy against my skin.
- She wore a pair of rough jeans for a casual look.
- The hiker’s hands became rough after climbing the rocky terrain.
- The carpenter used a rough sandpaper to smooth out the wood.
- The rough surface of the road caused a bumpy ride.
- He had a rough beard that felt prickly when he kissed her cheek.
- The painter used a rough brush to create texture in the artwork.
- The fabric of the couch was rough and uncomfortable to sit on.
- The waves crashed against the rough cliffs of the coastline.
Example Using Comparative Degree Of Rough:
- The sandpaper with a higher grit was rougher than the finer one.
- The older baseball glove felt rougher than the new one.
- Her voice sounded rougher after cheering loudly at the concert.
- The rougher side of the sponge was used to scrub stubborn stains.
- The road became rougher as we ventured deeper into the mountains.
- The puppy’s fur felt rougher than the soft fur of the kitten.
- The winter wind was rougher on the coast than inland.
- The edges of the broken glass were rougher and more jagged.
- The rougher sand on the beach made it challenging to walk barefoot.
- The chef used a rougher grater to shred the cheese.
Example Using Superlative Degree Of Rough:
- The sandpaper with the highest grit was the roughest of them all.
- After climbing the mountain, his hands were the roughest they had ever been.
- The storm brought the roughest seas we had ever encountered.
- The cat’s tongue was the roughest of all the pets we owned.
- The roughest road in the region was known for causing flat tires.
- The roughest fabric was used to make durable work pants.
- The winter wind on the mountain peak was the roughest of all.
- The roughest part of the hiking trail required careful navigation.
- The bark of the tree was the roughest texture we felt.
- The contractor used the roughest sandpaper to smooth out the wood surface.
Explore More Adjectives:
Complete List: Degree of Adjectives
Last updated on June 13th, 2023 at 07:18 am