100 Sentences in Past Perfect Continuous Tense
- It had been snowing when I got outside this morning.
- Had you ever been thought about quitting smoking?
- I was in Hawaii for two weeks but it had been raining almost the whole time.
- How long had she not been studying Japanese?
- We were in India last year. It had been difficult to get used to the weather.
- I was out for dinner last night. It had been a while since I went out with my friends.
- He hadn’t been coming to school.
- The building had been abandoned for several years now.
- How long had been you know your current boyfriend?
- She had been sleeping when I came home.
- It had been getting late so I have to leave soon.
- She has still not found a job, even though she had been looking for months.
- We were at the beach yesterday but it had been cold and cloudy all day.
- Had he ever been thought about teaching?
- You had been playing too much. You should take a break and go outside for a bit.
- “Had you been studying all day?”
- I had not been expecting this at all!
- We had been working when an error occurred.
- He had been riding his bike the whole way.
- We hadn’t been sleeping well lately because it’s too hot in the summer.
- They had been trying to get pregnant for several months and they were finally successful.
- I met him at work this morning and he was having a really bad day. He had been working non-stop since yesterday.
- They hadn’t been working out much lately.
- I was thinking about getting a French Bulldog but it had been so difficult to train them!
- ‘He hadn’t been looked very happy recently.’
- “What had you been doing for the past 10 years?”
- He and his sister hadn’t been seen each other for years.
- It had been raining off and on since morning. I am not sure if I should go to the beach or not.
- How long had you been studying before you started feeling sick?
- Had she been ever thought about going back home?
- How long has your daughter had been wanting a dog?
- It had been really cold for the past couple of days, so it was nice to be back in the sun.
- We hadn’t been getting along lately but we’ll get over it eventually.
- She hadn’t been sleeping well because there were several loud noises during the night.
- I had been trying to call you but your phone was off.
- We had been exercising in the park when we met our neighbors and they invited us over for dinner.
- Ever since I got a dog, things had not been going well between me and my parents because of all the mess I make.
- Had been in Example Sentences
- He had been playing cricket for one month.
- )She had been building sandcastles for half an hour.
- They had been watching TV since lunchtime.
- We had been going to the beach every summer vacation since we were little children.
- Everyone had been talking about the weather since breakfast time.
- You had been sleeping for 12 hours now, you should get up.
- The contestants had been baking bread for the whole afternoon.
- I had been making my bed since 6 o’clock this morning.
- You had been waiting for 30 minutes now, you should take a seat.
- Our teacher had been teaching us for 3 hours straight by now, but she still looked energetic.
- The school had been asking all students to go back home as soon as possible because of the flood.
- The woman had been baking a cake for her whole life, even though she hated it.
- They had been making toys since they were little children because that was what they loved doing.
- I had been going to the gym for two years now, and I felt great.
- He had been watching TV for 8 hours during his holiday.
- She had been traveling around Europe by herself ever since she graduated from college.
- My parents had been teaching me how to play guitar since I was a little child.
- You had been staying up very late last night. I think you should go to bed early tonight.
- The little kids had been playing in the mud for 4 hours and they were all dirty and unhappy now.
- His dad had been working as a doctor in that hospital since he was born.
- She had been studying for her doctors’ exam for a very long time. Now she was finally going to take it.
- I had been living in the city center since graduation.
- You had been laughing at me all day, haven’t you? Why don’t you stop that now?
- She had been walking slowly around the park for half an hour, she was very tired now.
- Since last year, I had been waking up at 6 in the morning every day and going to the gym with my friends.
- Your dad had been reading books since he was a little child because that is how his love for literature began.
- She had been cooking a chocolate cake for her son’s birthday.
- I had been doing my homework since 8 o’clock last night. Now it is finally finished.
- Since when had you been studying English?
- She had been running in that marathon for two hours but she was still going strong.
- I had been reading that book since morning.
- She had been living in that apartment for more than 20 years now.
- My grandma had been sewing her own clothes since she was 8.
- He had been writing letters to the editor since he was 4 years old.
- The boy had been playing football since 6 o’clock in the morning.
- She had been driving her car for 10 years already, but she was still nervous every time she went on the road.
- We had been waiting for an hour now, we should cancel this meeting.
- I am too tired to work today; I had been studying very hard for my exams lately.
- I had been working as a part-time waitress before, but now I have a better job.
- I hadn’t been feeling hungry for several hours, but suddenly my stomach started making noises.
- I had been doing yoga since 6 o’clock this morning, so by now I was very hungry.
- Our cat had been sleeping for two hours in the living room because it was nice and warm in there.
- She had been wearing that heavy coat even though the sun was shining. Now she felt very hot.
- We had been friends for a long time and we were still very close.
- He hadn’t been studying anything at all; he was always playing video games on his computer.
- You should’ve told him nicely, instead of yelling at him like that, you had been using that tone since yesterday!
- It had been raining for several hours, so I brought my umbrella with me.
- Since the first grade she had been one of the best students in her class.
- The car had been driving on that road for two hours but the driver still couldn’t find his way out.
- We hadn’t been wearing thick coats since it was very hot outside.
- I had been going to university for a year before I met my boyfriend.
- The little girl had been playing in the sand all day long but now she was covered with sand from head to toe.
- We had been friends since we were 5 years old and we always talked every day.
- My sister had been sleeping for more than 12 hours now, she must be really tired.
- The thieves hadn’t been wearing masks at all, so the police could easily see their faces.
- The little girl hadn’t been eating anything because she was sick and needed to stay in bed.
- She hadn’t been taking care of herself since her parents died.
- I had been studying English for two hours before I finally understood how to solve this problem.
- My friend hadn’t been feeling very well, so she had to cancel out on our date tonight.
- You should be careful when you cross the street, cars had been driving fast and they don’t always stop at red lights.
- The duck hadn’t been quacking all morning long because it was getting tired.