In rap music, slang is an essential part of the lyrical art form, with terms often holding specific, nuanced meanings. “Faded” is one such term, regularly appearing in rap songs. This post will clarify the meaning of “faded” in rap, look into its origin, and provide examples of its use.
Faded Mean In Rap
In rap, “faded” generally refers to the state of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs. It describes a feeling of intoxication or a high, often used to convey a sense of escapism, relaxation, or simply enjoying a party or social setting.
Origin of Faded
The term “faded” has its roots in American slang and was adopted into rap vernacular to describe the experience of being intoxicated. It reflects not only the physical and mental state of inebriation but also the broader themes of pleasure-seeking and coping with stress or adversity that are common in rap music.
Example Sentences Using Faded
- At the club getting faded with my crew.
- Just wanna lay back and get faded tonight.
- The whole party was faded by midnight.
- Lyrics are written in a faded state of mind.
- Life’s stresses fade away when you’re faded.
- Faded nights often lead to unforgettable stories.
- His verses capture the feeling of being faded.
- Faded under the city lights, feeling free.
- That track is about getting faded and lost.
- Faded and cruising, just feeling the vibe.