Meaning: a piece of furniture with a flat top
Plural of Table
Synonyms of Table
- work surface
- horizontal surface
Table as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- I placed the table in the corner of the room.
- The lamp stood on the table beside the bed.
- She wrote a note on the small table.
- The teacher’s desk was cluttered with table.
- The family gathered around the dining table.
- The coffee spilled onto the wooden table.
- The cat jumped onto the kitchen table.
- He knocked over the glass on the table.
Table as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The conference room had many tables for participants.
- They set up the picnic area with several tables.
- The flea market was filled with vendors’ tables.
- The restaurant had both small and large tables.
- The students sat at the round classroom tables.
- The event venue provided folding tables and chairs.
- The outdoor café had shaded patio tables.
- The display featured beautifully crafted wooden tables.
Singular Possessive of Table:
The singular possessive form of “Table” is “Table’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Table:
- The waiter cleaned the table’s surface between customers.
- The hostess set the table’s silverware and napkins.
- The designer selected the table’s materials and dimensions.
- The office manager organized the table’s documents and files.
- The homeowner placed a vase of flowers on the table’s centerpiece.
- The chef prepared the meal and served it on the table’s plates.
- The decorator added a tablecloth to enhance the table’s appearance.
- The student spread out the books on the table’s surface for studying.
- The customer requested a reservation for a table’s seating.
- The carpenter built a custom-made table’s frame and legs.
Plural Possessive of Table:
The plural possessive form of “Table” is “Tables'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Table:
- The restaurant rearranged the tables’ layout for a private event.
- The conference hall provided each speaker with individual tables’.
- The venue rented out the tables’ and chairs for weddings.
- The cafe had a variety of tables’ for customers to choose from.
- The office arranged the tables’ in clusters for team collaboration.
- The banquet hall decorated the tables’ with floral arrangements.
- The library reserved the study area tables’ for quiet reading.
- The classroom assigned the students to different tables’ for group projects.
- The outdoor event had picnic tables’ for guests to enjoy their meals.
- The furniture store displayed a range of dining tables’ in different styles.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 06:29 pm