What does Showing Off Mean?
“Showing off” refers to the act of displaying one’s abilities, possessions, or achievements in an exaggerated or boastful manner to gain attention, admiration, or recognition from others. It often involves a desire to impress or outshine others by highlighting one’s strengths or successes.
Slang Words for Showing Off
Here is the list of slang words for Showing Off with meanings:
- Flex: Display of one’s wealth or talent.
- Brag: Boldly boasting about one’s achievements.
- Stunt: Show off with style and flair.
- Boast: Proudly talk about one’s success.
- Flaunt: Display something ostentatiously.
- Floss: Flash or show off possessions.
- Swank: Display wealth or luxury ostentatiously.
- Gloat: Show off with excessive pride.
- Strut: Walk with confidence and pride.
- Blow: Talk boastfully about oneself.
- Gas: Talk up one’s own abilities.
- Hype: Excessively promote or advertise.
- Gass: Talk about oneself with exaggeration.
- Puff: Praise oneself with exaggeration.
- Vex: Impress or show off forcefully.
- Swagger: Walk or behave with confidence.
- Grandstand: Show off to get attention.
- Shine: Stand out due to excellence.
- Peacock: Display oneself ostentatiously.
- Bloat: Show off with unnecessary excess.
- Pop off: Show off unexpectedly.
- Rave: Talk excitedly about one’s achievements.
- Parade: Display oneself for attention.
- Glow: Take pride in one’s achievements.
- Ballyhoo: Noisy attention-seeking display.
- Bluster: Talk in a boastful manner.
- Vaunt: Display one’s worth boastfully.
- Spangle: Display with flashy ornamentation.
- Plume: Take pride in oneself ostentatiously.
- Skite: Boast or brag about oneself.
Use of Showing Off Slang in Example Sentences
Below are example sentences using the slang term Showing Off:
- I saw him flex his new watch yesterday.
- She never misses a chance to brag.
- Did you see him stunt in that car?
- He loves to boast about his grades.
- She always flaunts her designer clothes.
- He’s always flossing his gold chains.
- Their mansion is pure swank and luxury.
- After the win, he couldn’t help but gloat.
- Watch her strut with those new heels.
- He’d blow about his travels every time.
- She tends to gas about her singing.
- They hype their brand everywhere they go.
- She’ll gass about the slightest compliment.
- He’d puff up at the smallest praise.
- His performance will definitely vex the crowd.
- With every win, his swagger increases.
- During events, he loves to grandstand.
- Let your skills shine at the competition.
- At parties, he’d peacock with his stories.
- Their tales of adventure tend to bloat.
- She’d pop off with her dance moves.
- He’d rave about his new startup often.
- In new cities, he loves to parade around.
- After her win, she couldn’t help but glow.
- His entrance was all ballyhoo and noise.
- He’d bluster about his new acquisitions.
- They’d vaunt their successes at reunions.
- Her dress would spangle under the lights.
- She’d plume herself on every achievement.
- At reunions, he’d skite about his ventures.
Explore More Slang Words: