What does Curry Mean?
Curry refers to a variety of dishes originating in the Indian subcontinent that use a complex combination of spices or herbs, usually including ground turmeric, cumin, coriander, ginger, and fresh or dried chilies. The term also has roots in the Tamil word “kari,” which means ‘sauce’ or ‘relish for rice.’
Slang Words for Curry
- Ruby Murray: Cockney rhyming slang for curry.
- Tikka Tango: Chicken Tikka dance; eating Chicken Tikka.
- Spice Bomb: Extremely spicy curry.
- Currylicious: Delicious curry.
- Vindy: Short for Vindaloo.
- Fire Bowl: Very hot curry.
- Goldie: Korma or mild curry.
- Curry Muncher: A curry enthusiast.
- Korma Chameleon: A mild, changeable curry.
- Masala Magic: Exceptional Masala dish.
- Sweatfest: Hot curry experience.
- Chilluminator: Curry with lots of chilies.
- Turmeric Touch: Curry with a dominant turmeric flavor.
- Roti Roller: Eating curry with roti.
- Naan Nommer: One who loves naan with curry.
- Ghee Whizz: Curry rich in ghee.
- Dal-ightful: Delicious dal curry.
- Bhuna Buddy: A fan of Bhuna curry.
- Pasanda Panda: Lover of Pasanda curry.
- Tandoor-ific: Tandoori curry perfection.
Use of Curry Slang in Example Sentences
- Let’s go grab a Ruby Murray after work.
- I did the Tikka Tango last night at the Indian restaurant.
- That Spice Bomb had me reaching for milk.
- The butter chicken was absolutely Currylicious.
- I ordered a Vindy and couldn’t finish it.
- That Fire Bowl was too much for me.
- I prefer a Goldie when I’m not in the mood for heat.
- Sarah is a total Curry Muncher, she eats it every week.
- The chef’s Korma Chameleon surprised me with its flavors.
- The Masala Magic here is unlike any other.
- Prepare for a Sweatfest if you try their spiciest dish.
- That Chilluminator really lit up my taste buds.
- This curry has a noticeable Turmeric Touch to it.
- I’m a Roti Roller; it’s the best way to eat curry.
- Steve is a Naan Nommer, he always orders extra.
- This dish is Ghee Whizz; you can taste the richness.
- The lentil curry was simply Dal-ightful.
- Mike is a Bhuna Buddy, always goes for the Bhuna.
- Emily is a Pasanda Panda, she orders it every time.
- The chicken was Tandoor-ific, cooked to perfection.
Explore More Slang Words: