What Does Because Mean?
“Because” is a conjunction used to indicate the reason or cause for something. Its origin is from the Middle English phrase “by cause,” meaning “by reason of.”
Slang Words for Because
- Cause: A shortened version
- Cuz: Informal shorthand
- Coz: Alternate spelling
- Cos: Another variant
- Bc: Texting abbreviation
- B/c: Another texting variant
- Due to: Formal alternative
- On account of: Longer form
- Owing to: Formal phrase
- Given that: Conditional phrase
- Seeing as: Contextual alternative
- Being that: Reason-giving
- As: Short conjunction
- Since: Time or reason
- For: Often used poetically
- Now that: Conditional reason
- Inasmuch as: Formal phrase
- Thanks to: Because of help
- Via: By way of
- Per: As per instruction
Use of Because Slangs in Example Sentences
- I didn’t go ’cause I was sick.
- I love pizza cuz it’s delicious.
- He’s late coz he missed the bus.
- I’m tired cos I stayed up late.
- She’s absent bc she’s on vacation.
- I’m staying in b/c of the rain.
- She cried due to the sad movie.
- He’s absent on account of illness.
- They left early owing to the storm.
- We left given that it was late.
- He brought an umbrella seeing as it might rain.
- We can’t go being that it’s too far.
- She’s happy as she passed her exams.
- I left early since I was done.
- They sang for it was her birthday.
- We’ll go now that it’s sunny outside.
- He’s respected inasmuch as he’s knowledgeable.
- We succeeded thanks to our teamwork.
- He sent the gift via courier.
- She knows per the teacher’s instructions.
Explore More Slang Words: