Meaning: a thickness of a folded material.
Singular and Plural of Ply
Ply as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The boat’s ply made it suitable for rough waters.
- The carpenter used a strong and durable ply for the furniture.
- The skier enjoyed the smooth ply of the freshly groomed slope.
- The hockey stick’s ply provided excellent control and power.
- The violin’s strings were made of high-quality ply.
- The manufacturer used multiple layers of ply for added strength.
- The swimmer’s stroke cut through the water with ease and ply.
- The gymnast’s routine showcased her flexibility and ply.
- The paper’s thickness and ply determined its durability.
- The plywood’s smooth ply allowed for easy painting and finishing.
Ply as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The ship’s plies were designed to withstand rough seas.
- The cabinet was constructed using multiple plies of wood.
- The skater’s jumps were enhanced by the flexible plies of her ice skates.
- The flooring material consisted of several plies for stability.
- The company used high-quality plies in the manufacturing process.
- The artist experimented with different plies of paper for her collage.
- The skateboard deck consisted of multiple plies of strong material.
- The snowboard’s construction included several plies for optimal performance.
- The violin bow was made with horsehair plies.
- The archer’s bow had multiple plies of high-tensile material for accuracy.
Singular Possessive of Ply
The singular possessive form of “Ply” is “Ply’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Ply:
- I borrowed Ply’s pencil for the test.
- The project is Ply’s responsibility to complete.
- Ply’s car broke down on the highway.
- The success of the company depends on Ply’s leadership.
- I need to return Ply’s book before leaving.
- The decision is up to Ply’s discretion.
- We admired Ply’s determination to succeed.
- Ply’s opinion carries weight in this matter.
- The team celebrated Ply’s victory with enthusiasm.
- I can’t find Ply’s phone anywhere.
Plural Possessive of Ply
The plural possessive form of “Ply” is “Plies'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Ply:
- The students listened to Plies’ instructions carefully.
- The company expanded its operations with Plies’ support.
- The contractors completed the construction using Plies’ equipment.
- The team won the championship under Plies’ guidance.
- Plies’ efforts resulted in a successful outcome.
- The employees appreciated Plies’ dedication to their well-being.
- The group respected Plies’ decisions regarding the project.
- The investors relied on Plies’ expertise for financial advice.
- The committee implemented Plies’ recommendations for improvement.
- The partners discussed Plies’ contributions to the business.
Explore More Nouns Below:
Last updated on June 6th, 2023 at 10:54 am